Thread: Sandberg Eliminator

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Eliminator

Introduction

I know how it is when you are looking at buying new gear, or as I like to call it "leveling up". There are zillions of options out there and it can be tough knowing when something is a good or bad buy. Now in this case I will assume you are in the market for cheaper budget mouse that is still capable in the gaming arena.Sandberg has been in the electronics game for a while now, making everything from cables to headsets. Last year though they decided to bring their passion for creating quality and user-friendly products to the eSports world with the Sandberg Esports Equipment series.Gaming is an area they've already briefly dipped their toes into, but now they've branched out and formed the Esports Equipment range. Welcome to our Sandberg Eliminator Mouse review. This is a mouse that I was looking forward to make a review of. It is kinda one of my personal favourites in the "best bang for a buck" category. You will find all the info you need about Sandberg Eliminator Mouse.

Specifications.

Packaging & Contents

The packaging on past products from Sandberg, have always been well thought out and pleasant on the eye. This is no different but theirs now an obvious gaming twist in the actual design. From The front, we're shown the mouse and its surrounded by a lighting bolt.

The backside is very generic and only the basics are listed, in a wide range of common languages. Something not obvious from the box or the product web page, is that the warranty is 5 years long, very generous!

Sandberg has opted for a flip open box. In a retail store environment, this would allow you to have a closer look before making a purchase.

A Closer Look

The body is made of plastic.The black texture feels comfortable after hours of intense gameplay, and it doesn?t seem to be a magnet for dirt and oils.

On a gaming mouse you certainly want a few extra buttons. But what is the magic number? This Eliminator Mouse features 6 buttons including the normal two, two on the side, the scroll button and one more on the top located right behind the scroll button. Outside of gaming it is notable to say the side buttons can be used for back and forward while using a web browser.

I know a lot of the more expensive gaming mice out there have buttons all over them. The other thing is that some people may think that only 6 buttons is rather lack luster. My opinion is: It really depends on what you want and what you are using it for.The small but subtle Sandberg logo, illuminates.

If you want an MMO mouse and like using tons of extra buttons on your mouse for your macros or keybindings then I would get that this mouse wouldn't work for you. On the flip side of the coin, if you aren't using your mouse for 40 man raids and are more of a FPS or MOBA gamer then this would be a great option for you.At the end of the day I think the 6 button layout is just right.

The buttons are well placed and easy to reach, they fit my hand size just perfectly and take just right amount of pressure to actuate.

There are two side buttons on the left, which are positioned in the right spot as they provide extremely comfortable grip along with grainy plastic texture.

The DPI switch is placed beneath the scroll wheel, which by default is toggles for the DPI modes.

The scroll wheel has a rubber coating and provides right amount of resistance for accurate and smooth scrolling.

A view from the backside. Sandberg has been clear in description of the said product, they mention a metal base, which adds the weight. That does indeed means the bulk of product is made from plastic.

Laser sensor.

There are 4 Teflon pads each 3mm thick to provide smooth tracking.

The mouse features seven built-in LED lights with changing colours.

The backlighting illuminates logo, and the colour accents on the sides which is a nice add-on for such an inexpensive gaming mouse.

The final thing I would like to talk about in this area would be the plugin cord. I really like the nylon-clad look and think it is a very nice addition to complete the package here.

The cable includes gold-plated USB connector.

Performance

Installing the Eliminator Mouse is as easy as plug and play, however, if you want to configured its buttons there isnt any software.Lets start off by first saying that DPI is a measurement of cursor speed for a mouse. As you would think the higher the number the faster the mouse is allowed to operate at.I think for $30 this budget gaming mouse is priced way more then fairly for a 2400 DPI. Sure some of the expensive mice boast a higher DPI but sometimes you get what you pay for and the Eliminator Mouse is worth the bang for your buck.I don't see anyone having any issue at all with the speed of this mouse across pretty much all genre's. Save for the person who has already reached the very top tanks of the leaderboard in FPS games or is currently competing in CS:GO MLG tournaments. If this is you then you are not looking to buy a budget mouse and have already overspent on a top of the line "pay for the brand name" mouse.We play lots of games games that allow precise item placement, Skyrim, Fallout 4, or Besiege for instance. When playing games that give you the option to build things, place items, and create levels, you undoubtedly have spent hours trying to place your items perfectly on that shelf, or get that wall at just the right angle. We love displaying all of our unique items and relics in a custom built fortress. You can ever so gently move your items around with precision and achieve the perfect position to scratch that OCD itch with just a click.The sensor and overall feel of the Eliminator is quite precise. We did not experience any odd behavior from a technical perspective such as jitter, jump, hang, or odd acceleration.In testing, the Eliminator felt smooth, accurate and responsive. The placement of the buttons felt comfortable. The buttons, too, offer excellent travel and springy feedback, and they are blissfully quiet when clicked.The Eliminator was stellar across the gaming spectrum, from an RTS game such as Civ V to manic FPS games like Quake and Counter-Strike. The soft-touch plastic never seemed to lose its grip even when our hand got a bit sweaty, and the grippy, curved sides made me feel like I was in complete control of the mouse at all times. The thumb buttons are positioned in just right spots and overall where we could reach them without straining or repositioning our grip.The rubberized, textured scroll wheel was also a pleasure to use.

Like I said earlier this mouse has a sweet backlighting to it. If you already have a backlit keyboard then this would match it nicely. The brightness of the light is ample and looks awesome in the dark.Over all design of this model has been executed beautifully in my honest option. The mouse both looks great and feels great in the hand. Of course in the department of looks it is a matter of taste and everyone sees things differently but I think most would agree.

Conclusion

First of all, let's start by defining what this baby does and for which audience it is for.As I said in my title, this is a gaming mouse for the masses.Sandberg Eliminator Mouse is definetely a mouse for comfortable gamers/users who seek a mouse for a cheap price which won't give them problems with their budget and also has great enough features to provide a comfortable all purpose use.The build quality of Eliminator Mouse certainly does not match its low price, as it feels extremely comfortable and solid.I have been using this Eliminator Mouse for two weeks and have found that it's extremely comfortable not only for gaming but also for everyday use.I must admit that there both things that I liked and couldn't like about the lights.Overall, I really much liked the lights.There are 7 light colors which you can see in Eliminator and they look great behind the shattered effect of the mouse. This look can amaze many people and that's what I liked about the lights. They're also constantly changing colors with a "breathing' effect.These features are great epecially if you have a backlit keyboard that you can match this mouse.The thing that I didn't like about is that the lights can't be constant. They will keep changing colors and you can't stop them on a certain one. Well, I don't actually mind it but some people might not like it. That also means that you can't identify your DPI by color change, which is a minus.But overall, lights are great in my opinion.

I recommend getting this mouse if you want to save up, because there are really many mice out there, that are too expensive and I think it's really worth at the moment.The Eliminator is available for a very reasonable USD 29.99. This is exceptional value for money and makes the Sandberg Eliminator Mouse one of the best price vs performance mice on the market today.Now you know every little detail about Sandberg Eliminator Mouse and you can comfortably decide if it's suitable for your needs. Good ergonomics, simple and durable functuonality, epic looks and a price which can be categorized as "almost free". These are the words that shortly describe Sandberg Eliminator Mouse overall.

Last edited by testman78; 05-11-2017 at 09:32 AM.