Thread: Any experiences with GA-Z270-HD3 + 7600K?

Any experiences with GA-Z270-HD3 + 7600K?

Hello xtremers I've registered here long time ago (not in a galaxy far away...) but never ended up participating with this amazing community... I'm from Uruguay, friends with andressergio, I now live in New Zealand and my last OC experience was with a C2D E7200 @ 4.3ghz. I got a new rig last week after a long time surviving with only laptops and it didn't take long for the OC virus to strike me again... I bought the rig looking for a non bank breaking but decent gaming pc with some OC capabilities while being silent. I'm now wondering if I should have spent a few extra bucks for a better ocing motherboard but it's too late for that, I wanna get the best out of what I have.

I still need to finish reading some OC guides and information about all the "new" settings available (things changed a lot since my humble 4Ghz Pentium 4 ). But I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this motherboard or any expectations on how far I'll be able to push this for a stable 24/7 rig??

Any info/guidance/links will be greatly appreciated I'll share my results when I get into it...

Rig:
    i5 7600K (currently @ 4.5ghz 1.275v)
    Gigabyte Z270 HD3
    2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-2800C15D-16GVR
    Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3

Still need to get a tube of Gelid GC-Extreme, or is there a better option?

you need water cooling if you want to push more, doubt your air cooler would suffice...

Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post
    you need water cooling if you want to push more, doubt your air cooler would suffice...
    Thanks for the reply! What'a a safe temperature range for these chips?

After 5 mins of prime I see the voltage going higher than what I set it to and temperatures around 94C which doesn't make me feel very comfortable...

i'd keep it around 70-80c ...

It took me a while to realize that the vcore always runs quite higher than what I set it to, setting it to 1.2v will run it between 1.36/1.4v under load conditions. Setting it to 1.275v would run it at 1.4/1.425v when on load. Is this normal or some craziness from my motherboard?

I went for the best results I could get with the 1.2v setting and I'm satisfied. I can run the CPU @ 4.6Ghz which peaks at 85C with prime95 small FFTs and runs around 69/71C with Aida64's stability test.

I boosted the ram to 1.35v (from 1.25v) and managed to boot at 3200Mhz 16-17-17-38 2T but not very stable. It is stable at 3000Mhz so I settled for that and still working on bringing timings down, currently @ 15-16-16-35 1T.

Thanks again StyM for the tips