Thread: [News] Swedish employers can now install chips in their workers

[News] Swedish employers can now install chips in their workers

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/43300-e...-their-workers

A Swedish start-up called Epicenter is offering to implant its employees and start-up members with microchips that function as swipe cards.

This will allow them to open doors, operate equipment or buy food and drinks with a wave of the hand.

The tech has been around for a while - indeed some born again Christians see it as a sign that the anti-Christ is among us, but so far no one has attempted to make it widely acceptable.

The tech raises security and privacy issues. Although the chips are biologically safe, the data they generate can show how often employees come to work or what they buy.

Company swipe cards or smartphones, can generate the same data, but if you don?t want your employer to know that you are in the loo, or bonking Tina from accounting, then you can always leave the card or phone at your desk.

Epicenter, which is home to more than 100 companies and roughly 2,000 workers, began implanting workers in January 2015. Now, about 150 workers have the chips.

The small implants use near-field communication technology, or NFC, the same as in contactless credit cards or mobile payments. When activated by a reader a few inches away, a small amount of data flows between the two devices via electromagnetic waves.

The implants are "passive", meaning they contain information that other devices can read, but cannot read information themselves.

Epicenter workers stage monthly events where attendees can receive the implant, which we have to admit does sound a little creepy.

Yeah if the company I worked for was to do that, I'd either tell them I'm keeping my card OR I'm leaving.

I refuse to get implants. Not because I see them as a "mark of the beast" but because there is no reason to get stuff injected in me. What if I changed jobs? Going to have to cut it out, or leave it in there? No, just no. I'm not doing it.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Yeah if the company I worked for was to do that, I'd either tell them I'm keeping my card OR I'm leaving.

I refuse to get implants. Not because I see them as a "mark of the beast" but because there is no reason to get stuff injected in me. What if I changed jobs? Going to have to cut it out, or leave it in there? No, just no. I'm not doing it.

Same.
    And, anybody accepting this is a coward who is helping create a worse world.

Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    Same.
    And, anybody accepting this is a coward who is helping create a worse world.
    Speaking of cowards and a worse world, Sweden seems to be one of the new testing grounds for how much it's citizens will tolerate.

Xtreme Member
    I don't want a chip per se but more of a robust sensor implanted. Something that'll give me my vitals, constant chemical sampling, blood pressure, blood count, temp monitoring, flow rate, tells me when foreign compounds have been introduced to my system, alcohol levels, wide spectrum radiation monitoring (including over sun exposure), hydration monitor.

Paired with my smartphone I could get notifications of an influenza type response in my immune system, or whatever, u get it.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
    I don't want a chip per se but more of a robust sensor implanted. Something that'll give me my vitals, constant chemical sampling, blood pressure, blood count, temp monitoring, flow rate, tells me when foreign compounds have been introduced to my system, alcohol levels, wide spectrum radiation monitoring (including over sun exposure), hydration monitor.

Paired with my smartphone I could get notifications of an influenza type response in my immune system, or whatever, u get it.
    Agreed, but I'd soon get sick of the alarm going off every time I finished a bottle......................err I mean a drink of bourbon

Having a chip installed for an employer...................NFW
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Mentor
    If it don't make me see through the cloths than don't.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.