Thread: R9-390 issues

Xtreme Enthusiast

R9-390 issues

Anyone own a sapphire R9 390 and have black screen issues? Mine just started doing this. If I drop to lowest resolution in WoT, no problem. Max it out and it dies. Am thinking its over heating. In the process of RMA it since its under 2 years old. Thanks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    RMA'd it today. Think I will be going back to Nvidia as this is the second Sapphire card to die within two years from purchase. My back up card is keeping me playing. Its a sapphire 7950 that has held up pretty good.

saphire is the lowest models, they are the ecs of cards. anyways, you likely had a ram problem.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The last time I RMA'd a card, they sent me a new one, and sold that to buy an Nvidia card. Sold that system I built and bought this card for the new build. Hoping they do it again so I can sell it and by Nvidia again. Been lucky my back up card is hanging in there for WoT.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    The last time I RMA'd a card, they sent me a new one, and sold that to buy an Nvidia card. Sold that system I built and bought this card for the new build. Hoping they do it again so I can sell it and by Nvidia again. Been lucky my back up card is hanging in there for WoT.
    after the 1070 price drop i dont see why you would get anything less than that.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sending me a replacement today. Figure its a refurb but asked them if its new or refurbish. Will sell it as soon as it comes in and look at Nvidia.

Got an email back when I asked what they will send me. A re-certified card. Refurb right?
    Last edited by bearcatrp; 04-13-2017 at 02:18 PM.