Thread: [News] ASUS Intros the VG245Q Value Gaming Monitor

[News] ASUS Intros the VG245Q Value Gaming Monitor

https://www.techpowerup.com/231902/a...gaming-monitor

ASUS introduced the VG245Q, a 24-inch gaming-grade monitor targeting a sub-$250 price point. This monitor comes with 1 ms response time (GTG), and support for AMD FreeSync technology. Under the hood is a TN-film panel with Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution, 250 cd/m? maximum brightness, 170?/160? viewing angles (H/V), and flicker-free LED brightness adjustment. The monitor comes with display presets optimized for the various genres of gaming (racing sims, RTS, RPG, FPS, etc). Inputs include one DisplayPort 1.2a (required for FreeSync), two HDMI 1.4a, and one D-Sub.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Does anyone else find the featured graphic on the monitor to be comical?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Does anyone else find the featured graphic on the monitor to be comical?
    Looks like a british canadian avro (rip av-ro , it's a darned shame) lancaster bomber from ww2, prop plane, vs either a f-15 or f-14 jet (both are fighter planes) (actually looks like russland su-27, but has us-af markings lol).
    That bomber has no chance, it's not the prop's that is the prob, it's the fact that it's a bomber never designed to fight one on one with a fighter plane.

In the bg, I dn what city that is, but thre's 2 bombs been dropped, can't be nukes because of blast radius, most of the city would be leveled.
    They must be something like bunker busters, 12,000 - 30,000 lb bombs from ww2.
    Only that one bomb can be carried at once on any given bomber...

What I find funny though, in my opinion, is that this is so called affordable, a 24in at 1080p, tn, who cares if it's 1ms gtg, all tn's will be these days...
    Over $200..., you should beable to get the exact same screen at $80-100 (china branded, ie @ bestbuy or something).
    Been a while since I looked, but years ago these were going for $80 at bestbuy, just that it was like 5 or 8ms gtg at the time.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 03-29-2017 at 06:58 AM.