Thread: K|ngp|n breaks 3GHz on EVGA GTX 1080 Ti

K|ngp|n breaks 3GHz on EVGA GTX 1080 Ti

should it count since he gets special bios that NV does not allow to be sold or signed and cannot be volt moded.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    should it count since he gets special bios that NV does not allow to be sold or signed and cannot be volt moded.
    NO, I don't think it should, but then we have to take into account the people that can write and append their own special bios code.
    My thoughts as I think more about it, if he won't share it and he didn't write it himself, then NO he shouldn't.

I think that should be a basic principle revolving all around the sport or the game is rigged. But it's like everything in this Consumerist, greed driven world.
    Real world values don't count anymore, more power to the rich and the privileged!
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Kingpin works for EVGA. He is involved with the production and design of those cards. The problem is that the public will never get the bios or tools he uses to get that.

It is great what he does, but I dont think they should count as a personal record since he is using engineering samples.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi