Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
XP was good yes, but better than Vista/7? From a purely technical perspective, no. From a personal preference perspective, well sure that's fine, though I disagree. A couple things I may have preferred about it, but over all it can't hold a candle to 7. And 10, again, 7 is better in some things yes, but Win 10 I have yet to find anything that makes me want 7 over it.

"Corporate apologist" - Give me a break. Just because someone happens to like something from a company that you happen to dislike doesn't mean they are blind or make that person some sort of shill
Its beating a dead horse, there are technical reasons why Xp was better and why it was worse, however most things that made xp worse were pretty weasily fixable, and vista line (that includes 7) no.For example the sound system which regressed pc audio capabilities for years.But as i said, its dead already and have been discussed to the death.
As for "corporate apologist" , well, it refers to people that praise the product blindly not taking into the account all the bad things it brings to the table, and also you dont have a problem calling people genuinely disliking undoubtedly worse OS in some regards, as a "goons" , it goes both ways.
Win 10 had and still has MANY flawes, and whats worse, many of them are by design.And what it gives ? For great many people. Nothing.
I dont care about 5s quicker boot.I dont care about dx12.I dont want UWP or ms store.I want an os, 7 gives me that without of all the hassle making w10 work, besides w10 seems to be in constant state of beta, with endless updates that fix some things, and brake another.But yea, call me a goon because i dont want something that doesnt give me anything good, but has crapload of problems .
And dont get me wrong, if MS would clean up win 10, added features i like and removed i dont like, they would have my money.But its not going to happen, because i want control, and they dont want to give it to users, because win 10 is not an os, its a service with ads and a way to push more product.Anyhow, win 7/8 have still many years in them for most people, probably up to 5 with absolutely no problem.