Thread: [News] Visa accounts hacked

[News] Visa accounts hacked

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/43112-visa-accounts-hacked

Thank you very much for the Aintree Iron.

Card holders with Visa credit cards have been hacked today, although the extent of the hack is not yet known.

How does Fudzilla know? Well yours truly is the holder of a Barclaycard Visa card, and earlier on this afternoon received an automated call from Barclaycard, just verifiying that I could be compromised by a fraudulent attempt to use my card.

I persisted with the automatic call until I finally got through to a real person, who confirmed the reason my card had been stopped was because of a hack of the Visa database.

At press time, a Visa representative wasn't there to provide further details of how and when the attack took place. How do I know this isn't a scam itself? That's easy - I bought a paltry item from Amazon for ?1.89 and soon got an email telling me my card had been stopped.

It would have been a bit inconvenient if I only had one credit card and was working in India, wouldn't it?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Holy crap. My cards were shut off for buying some amazon stuff too. I have Prime and generally place multiple orders a week (seriously, I get Happy Birthday cards from Amazon for all the business they get from me) so I was surprised when all of a sudden this became "suspicious activity" and card gets shut off.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

No issues on mine... yet?
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64