Thread: So... who likes X-Files?

Talking So... who likes X-Files?

Lets discuss. I've just finished watching all 9 of the old seasons and started Season 10, jeeze I forgot how bad Season 9 was except for a few episodes I'm going to have to scrub most of that season from my brain again somehow. On a more positive note, Gillian Anderson is still kinda hot

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    The show rocked.

Season 10 is a disappointment except for the last 2 episodes.
    Those could've easily been made into a fantastic movie.
    They could've also stretched those 2 episode story for the whole season instead of what they've done.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

the acting seems off, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    The show rocked.

Season 10 is a disappointment except for the last 2 episodes.
    Those could've easily been made into a fantastic movie.
    They could've also stretched those 2 episode story for the whole season instead of what they've done.
    Agreed. Its not as bad as Season 9 was, but I wouldn't say season 10 was great either. IMO they have tried to make X-Files too light hearted and tried to add too much comical stuff. X-Files was always at its best when it was dark and serious At least Cancer / Smoking man is back!

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Addict
    I have never sat through and entire episode, except for like once in the middle of the night and I didn't actually pay much attention to it.
    One of my buddies loved this show though.
    I also noticed it recently came back on, started a new season.
    I'm not really a fan of the show.
    I did watch the film though.

I've been waiting for the new farscape movie, if it ever gets made :\.
    I was bummed out over the canceling of the startgate atlantis movie and sgu (though it was kinda boring, the last season I ended up not finishing).

I was just talking to my roomate last night about this stuff, he can bring up dozen's of diff shows he liked, but I didn't give a hoot about .
    It's been years since anything decent in scifi, (tv) has come out.
    The only tv show I watch now is always sunny, and that's on hiatus right now with one of the actors leaving (the dude doesn't even have roles in films yet so I dn what's going on).
    Other then cartoons like simpsons, fam guy and etc.
    I was surprised that Tenchi is back out, ova 4 now, but it kinda sucks lol...

There's a few films coming out this year, a new star trek series (but it doesn't have kirk wth...).

It's so bad I've resorted to looking up the best ver's of old series.
    Even resorting to watching a bit of lexx here and there lol (s4 of course...).
    It surprises me that most are stuck on dvd's still.
    You would think, even if they couldn't upgrade the quality, they would at least take some 30 or so disks and put then on a few bdr's...
    Better then swapping a disk out every 3 epi's.

I watched the new underwear movie today, blood wars.
    Kinda lame like the other films.
    The only one I like was Rise of the Lycans.

Sorry for the offtopic.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 03-13-2017 at 01:38 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Actually there's a very good Sci-Fi show going on ( it's on its second season as we speak ).

It's called "The Expanse".

Check it out
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero