Thread: Microsoft is now sneaking ads into the Windows 10 file explorer

Microsoft is now sneaking ads into the Windows 10 file explorer

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operat...file-explorer/

Microsoft has made some questionable decisions over the course of Windows 10?s lifespan but for many, this might be a step too far. Microsoft has already been experimenting with advertising on Windows 10, with some appearing on Cortana and the Start menu but now, Microsoft seems to be sneaking advertisements into the File Explorer too.

Over on the Windows 10 subreddit, one user came across what appears to be two adverts in File Explorer, one for Microsoft?s own OneDrive cloud storage service and another for what appears to be Bejeweled but that?s a guess on my part. You can see the image below:
    According to Microsoft, this new OneDrive notification within the File Explorer is considered to be a ?tip?, which can be turned off or dismissed if you choose. It seems to be tied into Windows 10?s notification system.

Aside from the obvious intrusion issues, this practise could also be considered somewhat anti-competitive, with Microsoft turning its OS into a way of pushing its own services without presenting any alternatives. Google is actually facing trouble with the EU Commission for similar practises with Android and pre-installed Google applications.

One look at my avatar, and you will see how I feel about Windows 10 malware edition.
    C3 Phenom II 965 BE (0941CPMW)
    Msi 790Fx-GD 70
    2x2 gb OCZ AMD Black Edition 1600mhz DDR 3
    2x MSI HD 5850's OC edition X-fire
    2x Western Digital 250gb 16mb cache Raid-0
    1x Seagate 1 TB Data
    SILVERSTONE|DA700 700W RT Power Supply
    Koolance INX-720 (Koolance 345 block)
    LianLi pc-60fwb

Xtreme Addict
    Windows 10 is so awesome, it knows what I want before I do, for ex, meet russian ladies today !!, lmao I'm kidding...
    It used to be, meet asian women..., these days It's the russians...

Lol...

Meet arab women today, the woman of your dreams, doesn't know how to cook but can..., mm yep, you get the idea .

Anyways, this doesn't surprise me so much anymore, this is there way of making money now...
    Darn os checks every file on your setup it seems, and it's starting to make sense, play store.
    Did you get that song form the play store?, oh no, then you better del it and get it legitly...
    Whatever...
    My buddy was telling me his gf's new win10 laptop doesn't allow you to install 3rd party exe's.
    Oh my goodness, I dl'ed winrar, but I don't need that because windows says so...
    I don't need 32bit apps, because windows says so, bye bye pcsx2, mpc (32bit directshow codecs...), etc.
    Super pi...

I don't know what's worse, and os with no security updates, or an os with no security...
    ^^
    I feel sorry for people stuck with windows :\.
    I wonder how long they will call it win10...