Thread: Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 bug report thread

Post Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 bug report thread

Welcome to the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 Thread!

Firstly I will start off by saying I like the AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 boards, on a hardware level they aren't too bad, but the astonishingly under developed UEFI and the amount of bugs it has in it has prompted the birth of this thread out of concern and necessity. Getting these issues ironed out as quickly as possible are in everybody's best interest. I hope getting these issues out there, letting everyone know what they are getting themselves in to at this stage will prompt Gigabyte in to addressing them as quickly as possible with immediate effect. I will also be reaching out to Gigabyte to see what they have to say and giving them a link to this thread.

How to report a bug in this thread

I ask that anyone reporting a Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 or 7 bug do so in a constructive manner and provide as many details as they can. You can either PM me or submit the bug by making a post in this thread, once I have confirmed the reported issue to be a actual bug it will get listed under "Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 Confirmed UEFI Bugs & Issues". In any event of where I am unable to confirm the bug it will get listed under "Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 Potential Bugs". Likewise if you have a request for something you would like to see added to the UEFI it will be listed under "Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 User Requested Features" and of course you are all welcome to share your overclocks and general experiences with the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 and 7 boards!

Live long, and Zen!

Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 User Requested Features

1. Change date format from MM/DD/YY to DD/MM/YY
    2. Change current UEFI layout, it's clunky and all around poor
    3. Put Q-Flash somewhere immediately visible in the UEFI
    4. Temperature sensors could do with some re-calibration, appear to be inaccurate by 2.7c (measured with Infrared temperature gun, DT8380)
    5. Add options to disable on-board devices, such as audio.
    6. Add feature to be able to screen capture UEFI menus when a USB storage device is plugged in
    7. Memory multiplier is limited to a maximum of loaded XMP profile. Is There a way to be able to set higher multipliers in the works?

Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 Confirmed UEFI Bugs & Issues

Gaming 5:

1. Mouse input / responsiveness is laggy in UEFI. Experienced with hardware: Roccat Kova+
    2. Resolution appears to be stretched at POST and with the Windows 10 logo while booting when Aorus splash screen is disabled. Experienced with hardware: BenQ GL2450 connected via HDMI, Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 980
    3. LED keyboards are unusable in the UEFI once they enter sleep mode (keyboard backlight goes out) until a reboot. Experienced with hardware: Ares K5, Sunt PK35
    4. XMP profile must be loaded before memory multipliers will work. Experienced with hardware: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz (F4-3200C15D-16GVK)
    5. XMP and memory multiplier options are in both Advanced Frequency and Memory Settings menus
    6. CPU Clock Ratio is in both MIT and Advanced CPU Core settings menus
    7. Apparently redundant naming for some settings in the UEFI. Eg; CPU LLC: Normal, Standard, Medium. Three settings, all essentially with the same meaning. If settings do have small differences, rename for clarity. Eg; Level 1, Level 2, Level 3.
    8. Extremely bad latency, possibly Agesa related and Windows 10 related. See below image for this one. Removing the memory sticks then putting them back in seems to fix latency for the first boot but then latency problem returns on the next boot or reboot.

Real world impact of this latency problem:

Gaming 7:

None reported so far, but most of the issues above probably effect the Gaming 7 as well.

Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 / 7 Potential Bugs

None reported so far.

Alright, lets get this thread rolling
    Last edited by Ket; 03-11-2017 at 09:47 AM.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Still best AM4 board.. Much more stable than Asus Hero