Gigabyte are selling the AX370 Gaming 5 in the UK for a rather premium price, SCAN are selling it for 206, 211 with shipping. For that money there is nothing "mainstream" about the Gaming 5, not in the slightest. If Gigabyte really think the Gaming 5 is "mainstream" they better reduce it's price by 50-60, and that still doesn't make them exempt from bug fixing the UEFI. Manufacturers speccing B350 boards for 3200MHz memory isn't anything to complain about it just shows they are willing to stand behind and improve their product. Overclock3d are also echoing my, and others sentiments regarding the UEFI on the Gaming 5 and some other issues as well, to quote a few snippets from their conclusion;

We're also slightly concerned about the placement of the M.2 slot, particularly given their propensity to slow down when they get extra toasty. We'd also like a little more performance from it at stock settings, especially when so many people still use the "plug in and go" method of system building, we pray to the silicone gods that the Gigabyte engineers dont ruin these boards with half arsed 'fixes'. We have had enough of it keep happening and having to guide end users around their incompetencies to do basics tasks like set an acceptable stock Vcore. Chinese new year is over now boys, get back to doing some proper work. The Gaming 5 is great, lets see if you can make it better not worse.

With any luck, I'll be taking a look at a few more X370 boards in the near future then picking and choosing which I want to review, if any take my fancy that is. If not I'll be doing a article on the Zen 1700.