Thread: [News] FCC will allow ISPs to flog customer?s private data

[News] FCC will allow ISPs to flog customer?s private data

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/43070-f...s-private-data

While the rest of the world is cracking down on user data privacy, Donald (Prince of Orange) Trump?s America is allowing ISPs to flog their customers' personal data to advertisers and anyone who can write a cheque.

Republican senators have introduced legislation that would overturn new privacy rules for internet service providers. If the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules are eliminated, ISPs would not have to get consumers' explicit consent before selling or sharing Web browsing data and other private information with advertisers and other third parties.

The Republicans are also bringing in additional laws to prevent the FCC ever issuing regulations that stop ISPs and telcos from selling private data in the future.

Flake's announcement said he's trying to "protect consumers from overreaching Internet regulation". Although it is hard to see how consumers can be harmed by regulation which stops their personal data being sold. However, we are living in an age where if you tweet a lie it is automatically accepted as being the truth, so we guess it must be true.

Flake also said that the resolution "empowers consumers to make informed choices on if and how their data can be shared", but he did not explain how it will achieve that, but then again, he wouldn?t.

Flake called the FCC's privacy rulemaking "midnight regulation", even though it was approved by the commission in October 2016, before the presidential election, after a months long rulemaking process. But hey, a lie is truth.

The rulemaking had a data security component that required ISPs to take "reasonable" steps to protect customers' information from theft and data breaches. This was supposed to take effect on March 2, but the FCC under newly appointed Chairman Ajit Pai halted the rule's implementation. Another set of requirements related to data breach notifications is scheduled to take effect on June

There is a bit of opposition to the rules. Senator Edward Markey pointed out that the big broadband barons and their Republican allies want to turn the telecommunications marketplace into a Wild West where consumers are held captive with no defence against abusive invasions of their privacy by internet service providers.

And we all know - if you stop and THINK - that the other side is not on our side either. The best for us is somewhere in the middle.

If you believe the democrats have our best interests in mind on this, you're just as delusional as it is the other side of the coin.

Trying to pin this on the "evils" of one party over another is just silly. Sure, there are a few on both sides of the fence that have our good in mind, and some maybe are thinking too much about then negatives of one part or another and not the whole picture (missing the proverbial forest for the trees), but over all, I don't trust any of them. If you do, you're crazy!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    And we all know - if you stop and THINK - that the other side is not on our side either. The best for us is somewhere in the middle.

If you believe the democrats have our best interests in mind on this, you're just as delusional as it is the other side of the coin.

Trying to pin this on the "evils" of one party over another is just silly. Sure, there are a few on both sides of the fence that have our good in mind, and some maybe are thinking too much about then negatives of one part or another and not the whole picture (missing the proverbial forest for the trees), but over all, I don't trust any of them. If you do, you're crazy!
    Well, thats under obama that the drone program took off, NSA and CIA still does everything they want , even though snowden put light on so much.
    Its clear however that The great orange one, takes usa and world with it to mostly worse (often from already bad) situation.
    Finance regulation, water regulation, internet regulation healthacare "regulation" .Theres one simple trend, people that are already very rich , will have it easier, and people on the down spectrum will have it harder.
    I mean, i just despise most politicians in the world. They are garbage people.Most of them.But there is bad and to use Donalds words "badder".
    There is one simple reason for it, they can lie without consequence, and as a general humility and honor of people decrease, the less shame they feel, and now we are at a point where they can be lying MOST of the time in an absolute knowledge that they are lying to your face.Sometimes i think that we dont deserve to survive as a species .
    "Alternative facts" .A goverment employee said that. I mean this kind of people should be shot for treason.
    How far from these kinda statements are african dictators that oficially tell people there wont be any elections this year because its too expensive :-).
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

you could try and make that argument 20 or 30 years ago, but right now the republican caucus (not people) seem to be on the wrong side of every issue since their platform seems to be the dems. with the FCC stuff i dont see how anyone who had a basic understanding of technology could agree with them.

if i remember correctly the house republicans were even upset that obama pushed for guns in national parks since he wanted people to check in with rangers.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well i like the origional charter of the usa / canada every common wealth colony. you have PRIVACY OF RIGHTS , now having your tv shows not shared with advertizers. that's a bit excessive, i'd rather them amazon.ca ad the shi* outta me, when there is a sale on a show i watch. on blu ray
    or an amd zen motherboard price error.

now i since sexuality and sexual preference is a right, i don't see them even thinking about flogging ad's of sexual nature, like debbie, the magic wand your wife just bought, or you did for a sore neck and then flogging you with ads for attachments. besides you'd get that from amazon instead.

now me personally i cannot await the day heaven as written about arrives, and we got a camera and microphone in every fiber of every paint and garment worn. and every light is really a camera and microphone and no one gets away with murder and no one is falsely accused either, cause always offline 3rd persons in your walls.

but i guess you'd just have to call me dr orwell. seeing the benefit of such things, as long as we're a lawful society, which is as defined without bias , partiality and unfairness. but then their goes all forms of capitalist class-ism, mistaken for racism last 200 years.
    MM Duality eZ modded horizon (microres bracket). AMD 8120 4545Mhz 303x15 HTT 2727 1.512v load. 2121Mhz 1.08v idle. (48hour prime95 8k-32768 28GB ram) 32GB GeIL Cosra @ RAM 1212Mhz 8-8-8. 4870x2 800/900 load 200/200 idle. Intel Nic. Sabertooth 990fx . 4x64GB Crucial M4 raid 0 . 128GB Samsung 840 pro. 128GB OCZ Vertex 450. 6x250GB Seagate 7200.10 raid 0 (7+ years still running strong) esata raid across two 4 bay sans digital. Coolit Boreas Water Chiller. CoolerMaster V1000. 3x140MM back. 1x120MMx38MM back. 2x120MMx38MM Front. 6x120MM front. 2x120MM side. silverstone fan filters. 2x120MMx38MM over ram/PWM/VRM , games steam desura origin. 2x2TB WD passport USB 3.0 ($39 hot deal score) 55inch samsung 1080p tv @ 3 feet. $30 month equal payments no int (post xmas deal 2013)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Privacy is dead. Enjoy your glass house.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe this'll encourage people to get on tor
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180

Quote Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
    Maybe this'll encourage people to get on tor
    IPV6 does just as well if you only want to hide from your isp and are willing to pay for a secure DNS.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Tor is compromised.