Thread: Ryzen OC

Threaded View

MSI B350 Gaming Pro: Great board for the price.

Bios is functional for absurd price of $79, features only one PCIe slot and best to take use of that M.2 slot with the $100+ you saved.

You are not paying for stuff you do not need, enough engineering to mix the newest of technology smashed together to get to market on time. For $79 MSI figured out how to make the chip work for you with stability.

These chips are binned so closely to the branding that there is no need to spend more as these are good to 4Ghz'ish max. They are really strong chips even though the headroom is non existent without sub zero cooling.

I have tested all three skews, multiple of the 1800X to know where the retails are hitting from testing many of the press samples. AMD did a great job using new technology that seems to be a bit rough at launch, but has a lot of potential as gate leakage is fixed and the processor speed scales up.

My MSI board is still alive, I ran some threaded stuff 4ghz to confirm both that you really need a good board and good IMC in the chip.
    This board is pushing my chip uphill with stability or I just had a few bad GBT boards.

These boards are good for pushing Ryzen 7 to 4Ghz, more of a gamble if you will see 3200Mhz on your memory.

That said, there is a high chance I will buy a few of these boards for my Ryzen chips to make into workstations here.

I will try the Biostar board soon,
    Last edited by Charles Wirth; 03-31-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID