Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryzen - Return of the Jedi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Actually no, I'm too sleepy. 3200 2x8 is fine, but with 4x8 it was actually booting at some failsafe settings without "overclocking failed".
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Anyone have a mod Ch6 bios with updated agesa?
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Member

Also, since the only access I have is to my MSI's BIOS, I dumped it, made some changes in the editor, and saved... While I've not gathered the cajones to flash it, I can at least verify that there is indeed NO "Saving as unsigned" warning!! That alone makes me almost confident enough to give it a try, seeing as I know that this board has the flash recovery. Problem is I don't know if that is guaranteed to work if the EEPROM has a corrupted image... Does anyone know with certainty?

Brilliant Idiot
    Msi b350 have same EEPROM? Just waiting for an open box one i slept on one missed out..

Boards are like my mechanic tools.

Cpus are like the cars i work on.

More tools i have at my disposal the better i can do my job.

I love tools.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Brilliant Idiot
    Nice i have been playing with mine. 32m pi is a bit harder to stabilize at those speeds/timings especially at the dividers im trying to use

Btw nope no bricked board (CH6). Works fine. Has lots of buttons to push so still fooling around and been busy working.

Everytime i go to hit power button they keep calling me even during my personal time.

Its like they have a hidden camera so only time i seem to be able to fool with it is midnight till 3am....

For those interested follow my you tube video of asus prime x370 for pwm llc and voltage settings...ive already confirmed at socket exact same results as my prime x370.

For those that are lazy...

Ch6 actual dmm measurements @ socket

Llc lvl 5 optimized and 1.4 vcore = 1.45 measured at test pad.....

1.39 socket idle/1.40-1.41v loaded which is where it matters most.

SOC
    Llc3 optimized 1.1v = 1.0 measured @ socket idle/load
    Last edited by chew*; 04-01-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Yahhhhhhh Budddy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170401_131119.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	410.6 KB 
ID:	132253  
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Msi b350 have same EEPROM? Just waiting for an open box one i slept on one missed out..
    I don't know if that was in reply to my comment, but if so then I have no idea if they do or not haha
    I don't even know exactly where the BIOS EEPROM is on this Titanium for that matter. I inspected it for quite awhile when I took it out of the box, and nothing really stood out...

Just looked now and it appears to be all the way up next to the CPU, right between the x16 Slot and the bottom AM4 bracket. I mean I assume it's that, since the JSPI header is there. Both my Titanium and your B350 Plus are 16MB though, probably a requirement with UEFI now. BUT for reference this chip is... MXIC MX 25U12873F (not that I can find any info on it

Speaking of which, Chew do you have any idea what these two 2-pin jumpers might be? (to the right ~4inches of the SPI header) Labeled JOV_2 and JOV_1?

I know J = Jumper and is everywhere a jumper is, so I can only assume bridging them triggers some kind of OverVoltage for extreme OC? Perhaps a multiplier of whatever you set in the BIOS... *shrug*

Name:	jOV_2 & 1.jpg 
Views:	1163 
Size:	309.2 KB 
ID:	132254  

Brilliant Idiot
    Over Volt 1 and 2? Vcore and SOC most likely.

Maybe for ln2 over clocking purposes unlocks retard volts. Perfect for me. I fit the description.

Check what max voltage is.

My little x370 pro has 2.0v, no jumpers lol
    Last edited by chew*; 04-01-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Another my dime my time although someone else may be doing a little play time on it before me. I am just going to confirm it works, flash to latest. Test out dual rank quick for the community to see if it works then off to CA. it goes for a little while to my buddy. Maybe he can do some reporting on it if he feels like it.

Just when you might have thought i was sponsored and or biased towards asus....curve ball.

First Asrock I have ever owned or been even remotely interested in.

Last edited by chew*; 04-01-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    Over Volt 1 and 2? Vcore and SOC most likely.

Maybe for ln2 over clocking purposes unlocks retard volts. Perfect for me. I fit the description.

Check what max voltage is.

My little x370 pro has 2.0v, no jumpers lol
    In the MSI Command Center (so BIOS ability may differ) it says for maximums:
    CPU Core 1.7V (which I can confirm is not CPU VDDP, as that option is hidden in the BIOS)
    CPU NB 1.4V
    CPU 1P8 2.5V
    DRAM 2.2V
    DRAM VPP 3.770
    DRAM CH_ VRef 1.2350 (one each for A and B)
    PROM Core 1.5V
    PROM PHY 3.0V

I'm surprised to see that the Taichi didn't populate the onboard buttons on the bottom... Or are there ones, and it's just the provisions for a fancy shroud that I'm seeing the solder holes for?

And... if I might pick your brain further? I saw the review samples of my Titanium (and CES model) come with this 'thing' but all that consumer boards come with are the solder pads. I've always found motherboards really cool and always want to know what every unpopulated solder location is for so I know whether or not it's a missed feature or just debug stuff that doesn't concern me. lol In this instance I'm seriously hoping its the latter and isn't anything BCLK related. :P
    This is the best pic I've been able to track down of it. It's 20pin [10 DIP] and in the center is some sorta doo-hicky that looks almost like an iron choke heh

Name:	What-Be-Dis.jpg 
Views:	1141 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	132255  

So, I've been able to regularly run 1.55v loaded under water at less than 70c loaded. I'm beginning to think these processors just like more voltage than intel processors do
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Brilliant Idiot
    Maybe they were playing with switching frequency optimizations pre launch?

Close relation to pwm so.

Yah taichi is missing luxuries of fatality.

Does not mean i can not steal them off an old dead board and solder them in
    Last edited by chew*; 04-01-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    Aah ok. Perhaps. Those options appear to be in the BIOS, in the LLC category, but might've been having trouble with 'em early on. *shrug*

Xtreme Addict
    Another my dime my time although someone else may be doing a little play time on it before me. I am just going to confirm it works, flash to latest. Test out dual rank quick for the community to see if it works then off to CA. it goes for a little while to my buddy. Maybe he can do some reporting on it if he feels like it.

Just when you might have thought i was sponsored and or biased towards asus....curve ball.

I have been really curious about this board, can't wait to see your take on it

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
    There are quite a few folks on the [H]Forum that have it and so far they seem to be quite pleased by it.

Xtreme Cruncher

[IMG]snip[/IMG]
    When I buy a board I was considering that one as well. Everytime I consider it, they seem to be out of stock... lol.
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Xtreme Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Formula350 View Post

Also, since the only access I have is to my MSI's BIOS, I dumped it, made some changes in the editor, and saved... While I've not gathered the cajones to flash it, I can at least verify that there is indeed NO "Saving as unsigned" warning!! That alone makes me almost confident enough to give it a try, seeing as I know that this board has the flash recovery. Problem is I don't know if that is guaranteed to work if the EEPROM has a corrupted image... Does anyone know with certainty?
    Well, I do.

I'm running a AMIBCP edited bios, on my B350 Tomahawk, with some options enabled. Used M-Flash at default (always) to flash it.

About .cap bios as ASUS, they have protection, and for what I read, you need some KEY to add to your modded bios or the latest AMI flash tool, and run it from DOS with a undocumented /GAN option. Personally I haven't tried so I can't confirm. When I needed to flash a modded bios in my Crosshair V, I went back to BIOS 0901 (original) and flashed modded bios from there.

Check this info.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    When I buy a board I was considering that one as well. Everytime I consider it, they seem to be out of stock... lol.
    Literally there were like 4 in long island when i reserved at like closing time...when i got there at 11 am...all gone including all other top tier x370.

3 open box msi carbons though....guess people are not happy with that board..

I still have a k7 on reserve in boston. Debating on that or more memory.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    3 K7 left

Get em while you can...

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...MD_Motherboard
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aGeoM View Post
    Well, I do.

I'm running a AMIBCP edited bios, on my B350 Tomahawk, with some options enabled. Used M-Flash at default (always) to flash it.

About .cap bios as ASUS, they have protection, and for what I read, you need some KEY to add to your modded bios or the latest AMI flash tool, and run it from DOS with a undocumented /GAN option. Personally I haven't tried so I can't confirm. When I needed to flash a modded bios in my Crosshair V, I went back to BIOS 0901 (original) and flashed modded bios from there.

Check this info.

What version of AMIBCP was used?
    Was it the downloaded BIOS or one you dumped?
    What was changed, and do the options that were changed actually work?

As far as the ASUS issue, that post you linked is only for Aptio IV, but all of our stuff uses at least Aptio V. The post where I quoted stuff, in those they also referenced Aptio V, so I believe their solution on CAP work for both versions. That's why I'm waiting for Chew to have time to dump his and I'll futz with it for him :P

EDIT: Oh yea, Chew, you should definitely check out HWiNFO64's latest Beta version... Good god that thing's Sensor Status feature has 10 times what AIDA or HWMonitor have combined! It's awesome! lol I've known about it for years, but for Ryzen it's very comprehensive in all the stuff it offers. Has multiple VRM outputs as well (I assume one for CPU-NB and the other for CPU Core, based on the voltage they're putting out). Gives their temps, amp draw, amp output, wattage, etc etc. I just wish I knew what all these other voltage readings were specifically for lol A bunch on the motherboard just say "VIN5, VIN6, VIN11, VIN14" :P Also shows CPU Core Urrent, SoC Current, ad then CPU Package Power, CPU Core Power, SoC Power, CPU Power... Which I'm not quite sure what differentiates all the various Powers, since none of them is outputting the same wattages. SoC's makes sense given the voltage it's running at and its current, the rest? *shrug* Beats me lol
    Last edited by Formula350; 04-02-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
    Ditto. I like mine, but I have had little time to play with it and haven't really pushed it to its full potential.

Also it's fooling me with booting successfully after UEFI overclock. Now it loops through boot/shutdown about 6 times and then loads defaults on me without me noticing (my 100% fan profile remains so it fooled me heh). I finally checked CPU-z and there it was, 3.7 GHz + DDR4-2133. wat

So back to Ryzen Master for awhile I guess. I must be doing something wrong in the UEFI to make it behave like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    So, I've been able to regularly run 1.55v loaded under water at less than 70c loaded. I'm beginning to think these processors just like more voltage than intel processors do
    70c Tctl or 70c CPU/socket temp?
    Last edited by drmrlordx; 04-02-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    I must be doing something wrong in the UEFI to make it behave like that.
    No it's just how Ryzen handles unstable(failed) overclocks on boot. Basically it tries to prevent ever having to clear CMOS due to a failed overclock.

I know mobo makers have attempted it and Gigabytes has always been really good at recovery. MSI has been so-so on my FM2 board (as short lived as it was). ASRocks back in FM1 was hit or miss as well.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula350 View Post
    What version of AMIBCP was used?
    Was it the downloaded BIOS or one you dumped?
    What was changed, and do the options that were changed actually work?
    Didn't matter downloaded or dumped. Most has the downloaded ones.
    HPET option to show
    Optimal settings, like disabling serial(COM) and parallel(LPT) and others for convenience.
    Memory PatchID
    CPU VDDP Voltage but does nothing
    AMD Cool n' Quiet disabled
    SB Clock Spread Spectrum is now disabled
    a some others
    Most of them work, others don't, sub memory settings or DRAM adjust frequency are some.

AMIBCP 5.02.0023.

EDIT: I always flash original bios first and then the same version modded ones.
    Last edited by aGeoM; 04-02-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Add more info and typo

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aGeoM View Post
    Didn't matter downloaded or dumped. Most has the downloaded ones.
    HPET option to show
    Optimal settings, like disabling serial(COM) and parallel(LPT) and others for convenience.
    Memory PatchID
    CPU VDDP Voltage but does nothing
    AMD Cool n' Quiet disabled
    SB Clock Spread Spectrum is now disabled
    a some others
    Most of them work, others don't, sub memory settings or DRAM adjust frequency are some.

AMIBCP 2.02.0023.

EDIT: I always flash original bios first and then the same version modded ones.
    Many thanks!

Not sure if you are saying that Sub Timings do not work? If not, that's too bad I'll still try them and keep my fingers crossed! :P

I can't believe you're able to modify them in v2.02! I would've been too scared to use one that old. lol

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast