Thread: 1080Ti announcement

1080Ti announcement

who's excited ? anyone building a 1080Ti + Ryzen ?

Nope, I'm just messing around with the PTX. But I like that ya opened a 1080Ti thread.
    AMD 7800X3D@watercool-Heatkiller IV Pro| ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero | NVidia Founders Edition 4090 @watercool_Waterblock H²O@Mo-Ra3|Seasonic Fokus-GX 1000W| 2*16 GB G.Skill@F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB |Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4, Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB| Cooler Master CoSmoS II |LG OLED42C21LA 106 cm (42 Zoll)|Windows 11 Prof. 64 bit
    Sound: AVR-X3600H@5.1 Nubert-NuVero70

Xtreme Addict
    I'm hoping it's more or less a titan x (pascal) / quadro p6000 for the price of a 1080.
    I'm probably gonna try to get one.

It's a shame that the tesla P100 consumer equ never came out .
    There's a pcie ver supposedly, that card probably doesn't have any headers, but they did make a card with hbm2, they just skipped out on it in the consumer's market.

Earlier last year I read that cards are supposed to switch to ddr5x and 6 as a std.
    And maybe switch to a diff chip maker, a refresh of some sorts I don't remember, maybe worse clocks...
    But in this case I don't think this is a refresh.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Not excited.
    I'd rather have a Quadro P6000 for a Titan X's price + $200.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    I agree, price for quadro's these days is outright ridiculous... :\

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Hope AMD starts competing in the flagship section with Vega, I'm getting tired of nVIDIA withholding their top GPU every single generation for the Tegra and Quadro.
    Titan X should've been a P6000 with limited FP not an even more cutdown version than the lowest Quadro.
    And let's not get started about the year after year price increase.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Yo StyM!
    By the way, why do ya have the amino acid "valin" in your signature? I like that stuff especially when I am lifting lots of weights in a gym.

Last edited by Fritz_the_germ; 02-28-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    AMD 7800X3D@watercool-Heatkiller IV Pro| ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero | NVidia Founders Edition 4090 @watercool_Waterblock H²O@Mo-Ra3|Seasonic Fokus-GX 1000W| 2*16 GB G.Skill@F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB |Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4, Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB| Cooler Master CoSmoS II |LG OLED42C21LA 106 cm (42 Zoll)|Windows 11 Prof. 64 bit

that's from GPUGrid which is a BOINC project.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...e-GPUGRID-Team

Is there any relation to that?

P.S. Sorry for kind of hijacking your thread
    Last edited by Fritz_the_germ; 02-28-2017 at 12:29 PM.

nope, not related...

meanwhile, NVIDIA youtube LIVESTREAM below.

499 for 1080...

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    $682 spent by a customer of mine yesterday for a 1080 haha, feels bad I didn't tell him to wait a few days ( ordered it from Germany like 9 days ago )

699$ for 1080Ti

The performance is supposed to be even better than Pascal X.
    699 frogskins aint a bad price compared to the performance.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    And in less than 40 minutes nVIDIA showed AMD how it's done and overshadowed the overwhelmingly boring AMD event earlier today.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    HA! NVIDIA read my post
    Quote Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
    The 1080ti is not exciting and trying to hype it up in hopes of diverting attention from Vega, especially taking into context the outrageous prices, just makes Vega that much more appealing. If I were Nvidia, I would release the 1080ti quietly with a massive price drop. The ti should be releases at least at the current price of the 1080 and the 1080 should be dropped way low. Imagine Nvidida dropping THAT bomb. Certainly would divert attention from Vega and AMD in a very real way.
    Well sort of. I would have priced even lower but w/e. I'm more excited to hear Maxwell GPU's will be getting a boost from driver updates with Tile-based Rasterization. Not very common for NVIDIA to give a reach back like that.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Xtreme Addict
    I wanted to post a bit about volta:
    http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-ge...refresh-volta/

That's the best src of info on it I've found so far.
    Ddr5 for pc's are comming out 2018 ^^ (whoa..., even though the sammies b's look awesome in ddr4, it seems we are getting ddr5 next year, probably for intel?)
    Gddr6 is coming out 2018 as well, and I think this is the main indication that the next gen consumer cards are coming out at that time, 2018.

I've read and read that volta is getting an introduction at gtc in may 2017.
    But..., from what it seems like, it's gonna be only for tesla/quadro stuff.

I think it was another website, that said that the gov is waiting on volta, in 2018... (delayed from 2017)

Pascal refresh may be an updated 16nm node, at 12nm, or 10nm, I forget which, tsmc, not sammy (whichever is the sammy one it's not that one).
    Volta the same...
    Rumor has it volta wll stick to 16nm tsmc, because of it's maturity.
    But if tsmc has a new "updated sudo 16nm" node... that may be how they go.
    I'm doubting this one, the ti should of been released on it then, but then again..

The 1080ti is essentially being released this month as I speak, some a bit earlier (some you can buy now, some you can't).

I'm getting $939 back in taxes, gonna get a new card for sure.
    I wonder if I wait for volta in may or get a 1080ti... ???
    I'm pretty sure I will go with the 1080ti, I'm thinking volta won't be around until 2018.
    I could wait a year np, it's just I have my little bro staying with me for now, and I don't know for how long, and I wanna pass down my 680 lightning to him.
    And I really need a new vga card, I run 4k, and this card has a heck of a time sometimes, some vids I can't even play at 30fps (though I gotta alot of work todo on that stuff).

I'm thinking a msi gaming x 1080ti, when it comes out.
    I wish there was a lightning.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 03-29-2017 at 08:26 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    There's no point in Lightnings and Classifieds since our new... ecological friendly technology.
    They wouldn't clock any better on air/water anyway.

The Gaming X / Strix is where it's at.
    Reference looks better but is noisier.

Strix, MSI Gaming X, etc are becoming available in about 2 weeks ( 14 April - 21 April )

no love for EVGA ?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    eVGA I have no date ( they don't like me must be the looks ).
    Same timeframe or a lil later as they usually are, I'd say no later than the last 2-3 days of April.

Xtreme Addict
    @BenchZowner
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up .
    It looks like it's perfect timing for Easter, and my tax returns should be coming to me around that time too, unless I messed up something like last year, in that case 1 extra month isn't a biggy though.

@StyM
    I like EVGA too .
    I really like the looks of there back plates these days, instead of just holes in the back, they have a mesh design which looks great and shields emi stuff.
    I heard evga had an issue with not putting thermal pads on there pwm on the 1080's :\.
    But other then that, great brand.
    If they had a kingpin edition, I would look at it , I think those are usually a bit to much $ for me though, I don't like the idea of that large of premium over the other cards.

The 1080Ti is history now. Another Titan-Xp has been released.
    Last edited by Fritz_the_germ; 04-07-2017 at 02:02 AM.