Thread: The Mass Effect: Andromeda thread

The Mass Effect: Andromeda thread

Thought I would make this thread for everyone planning on getting ME:A in the next 3 weeks or so. Lets discuss rumors, whats been revealed, what you hope for, your fears/hopes for the game, our own adventures when we start playing, etc

I'll try to kick things off a bit.. if things go well I'll put more effort in to this post and give it a nice layout with pretty pictures and stuff.

So.. my fears for ME:A, from what I've seen, the Ryders look and sound like generic jobbers. I hope thats not the case but that will really put me off if that turns out to be the tone through the game, femshep set a standard in voice acting and if that can't be matched or come close to matching, then its a fat fail to me. Not sure I like being able to just willy-nilly switch classes either this will no doubt make things far too easy as you'll end up becoming pretty much a living, walking god. Whats with that fugly raccoon of an asri peebee as well? She is going to piss me off, I know it. I can't say I like the design of the Tempest either from everything thats been said about it makes it sound like the damn thing is made from tissue paper. Call me picky, but the design isn't very aerodynamic either, something you would still need when flying in atmosphere so I find it quite hilarious that such a craft has no shields, armor or weapons or have a very aerodynamic design with the statement that it can "outrun" or hide from pretty much anything. You won't be out running anything in atmosphere, not with those aerodynamics.

On the plus side.. game looks pretty, I suppose. I doubt it'll be anything that will particularly fluster my OCd GTX980 though. Nice to know "infinite" ammo weapons are coming back, getting rid of them was a huge, very lame, mistake. That system just needed tweaking not replacing. No doubt Bioware/EA were trying to get all the MW/CoD fools on board with that move.

Ok.. something completely positive about ME:A.. there must be one thing I can think of.. Erm.. ok I can't. I just don't think ME:A is going to be this amazeballs game everyone is expecting, I think it'll be good, but forgettable. I might have higher hopes if there is a way Grunt or Liara make a cameo, some sort of ultra long range communications. After all its been 600 years since ME3, and Grunt and Liara both have lifespans that would enable them both to essentially just be middle aged by that point.

My thoughts so far anyway, anyone else care to chime in?

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

planning on getting this when it's on sale...

With EA as the publisher, you'll likely be waiting at least a year before it drops even a tenner EA really are awful. So is activision and WB for that matter. Ubisoft as well to a lesser extent. I think only CDPR remain standing as "good" but most would say even they took a hit with Witcher 3, selling it on console, thus nerfing its overall graphical quality and limiting geometry (not even parallax mapping FFS) for "platform parity" is somewhat of a disgraceful move.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs