Thread: [News] Samsung's Galaxy S8+ reportedly has a 6.2-inch display

[News] Samsung's Galaxy S8+ reportedly has a 6.2-inch display

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/23/...-inch-display/

Phone leaker extraordinaire Evan "Evleaks" Blass is back with another doozy. The VentureBeat reporter has published a mostly full spec sheet for Samsung's Galaxy S8+, an all but inevitable upgrade to last year's Galaxy S7 Edge. We're in rumor territory here, so take the following tidbits with a generous grain of salt. (Blass has a stellar track record, however.) The headline-grabbing component is a 6.2-inch display, which would dwarf even the (now sadly retired) Galaxy Note 7. That enormous, "Quad HD+" Super AMOLED panel should be helped by the phone's chassis, however, which has been shown to have super-slim bezels in previous leaks.
    The rest of the spec sheet contains few surprises. A 12-megapixel front-facing camera, coupled with an 8-megapixel selfie snapper? Makes sense. 4G LTE? Of course. An iris scanner? Yep, we're used to that on Samsung phones. Even wireless charging doesn't feel like a surprise. 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, coupled with a microSD card slot all feel pretty standard too. We're curious to see if, and how Samsung really tries to differentiate from the competition. A slightly tweaked design, while welcome, might not be enough to repair its Note 7-rattled reputation.

Xtreme Guru
    Gross. I want a phone, not a tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

That's why I've always stuck with the "regular" Galaxy phone. S4, S7, that size is good for me. Anything bigger is a nuisance.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    That's why I've always stuck with the "regular" Galaxy phone. S4, S7, that size is good for me. Anything bigger is a nuisance.
    Yeah, I don't see why they are making the "Plus" variant ridiculous size. Just leave that for the Note where people actually like having a phablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Gross. I want a phone, not a tablet.
    the + replaces the note, it is a phablet. that does not mean the s8 and s8e will be that size.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why they are making the "Plus" variant ridiculous size. Just leave that for the Note where people actually like having a phablet.
    When you curve the screens you technically reduced the effective screen size. 6.2" will be more like 6" and the phone will be a smaller footprint. Its mainly marketing spin to make you think you are getting a true size 6.2"
    Last edited by iboomalot; 02-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Maybe it's built for adult size hands.

Xtreme Member
    Eyes need the larger screen now...pita
    say it ain't so Joe............SEO Services SEO Business

Xtreme Addict
    Until the prices get realistic I'll be sticking to the OnePlus's. I feel Google really took the leash off of the other manufacturers when they axed the Nexus in favor of a $700-1000 Pixel...
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Budwise View Post
    Until the prices get realistic I'll be sticking to the OnePlus's. I feel Google really took the leash off of the other manufacturers when they axed the Nexus in favor of a $700-1000 Pixel...
    google looks like they had a price parity deal with VZW. the pixel has lots of compromises that seem to steam from VZW trying to ruin it. for example the nexus line always was more expensive like the pixel is now but they gave a discount for buying it from google so it was cheaper. they also started enforcing more strict safety net to drop non modified unlocked devices, stopped selling only unlockable devices, had exclusive features for the pixel that were already built into everything, and they built in some build prop options to leak customer data use as the default.

the pixel xl has a lower build cost than the 6p so i dont see the price being on googles end.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi