Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Various] AMD Ryzen Official Announcement [Update: Benchmarks]

Last edited by StyM; 02-23-2017 at 05:10 AM.

oh boy, COMPETITION FTW !!!!

Xtreme Guru

Last edited by AliG; 02-22-2017 at 06:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    Let's see how real world applications, and gaming with these turn out before declaring "This is the greatest thing since sliced bread!"

Hopefully this will push the pricing of the Intel hardware down to a affordable level.
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

most importantly it has RGB stock cooler...

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by screwtech02 View Post
    Let's see how real world applications, and gaming with these turn out before declaring "This is the greatest thing since sliced bread!"

Hopefully this will push the pricing of the Intel hardware down to a affordable level.
    Cinebench is considered a real world SMID test. It's used a standard benchmark for CPUs.

I would imagine gaming shows far smaller differences between architectures to be honest.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    Assuming the 1700X is slightly less capable (~10%) in gaming than an i7 7700k, I would still take it for the multi-threaded performance boost.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitriman View Post
    Assuming the 1700X is slightly less capable (~10%) in gaming than an i7 7700k, I would still take it for the multi-threaded performance boost.
    If the X1700 can overclock to 4+ GHz then don't even bother considering the 7700k. I honestly don't think you'll see that much of a difference at high res gaming. No one buys a GTX 1080 to game 720p. 4k has virtually no difference, and even 1080p starts showing dminishing returns on CPU.

The only exception is I've noticed games with really robust audio being CPU bound. For example, Shadow of Mordor shows a big difference between the 2600k and 6700k - but that's really about it.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Monster
    So the difference between the X1700 and 1700 are the xfr and clock, so if you can overclock 1700 to X1700 levels with xfr adjustments included in the overclock, you save $80. I see no reason to buy the X series unless they are really binned.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    So the difference between the X1700 and 1700 are the xfr and clock, so if you can overclock 1700 to X1700 levels with xfr adjustments included in the overclock, you save $80. I see no reason to buy the X series unless they are really binned.
    Yeah, that was the case for me pretty much always with AMD and i have never lost more than 100mhz tbh, always bought the cheapest from the most powerful chip they had. Even the odd phenom II 910 (which wasnt even capable of ddr3) clocked well.
    But you never know, with these chips, amd does A LOT of new things.Im very interested in the OC results.
    Theres one video from this event where they are showing 5.1ghz LN2 clock, so it isnt ocing very well ;-)
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Yeah, that was the case for me pretty much always with AMD and i have never lost more than 100mhz tbh, always bought the cheapest from the most powerful chip they had. Even the odd phenom II 910 (which wasnt even capable of ddr3) clocked well.
    But you never know, with these chips, amd does A LOT of new things.Im very interested in the OC results.
    Theres one video from this event where they are showing 5.1ghz LN2 clock, so it isnt ocing very well ;-)
    Can you source the video? 5.1 GHz seems odd to me given they specifically claimed XFR scales very well with temperature and the final clockspeeds ended up being very reasonable.

Either way, if 4.5 GHz is all you get out of a 1700 on water, you still get extreme value.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    When choosing your next CPU, folks, remember how Intel has treated us, the enthusiast (mainstream and high end), over these last 10 years and that any improvement that Intel is making is because it's being forced to due to Ryzen, not because it wants to or due to some long dormant benevolent nature that just recently decided to come to the surface.
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Can you source the video? 5.1 GHz seems odd to me given they specifically claimed XFR scales very well with temperature and the final clockspeeds ended up being very reasonable.

Either way, if 4.5 GHz is all you get out of a 1700 on water, you still get extreme value.
    http://mirror.ninja/5vixv8
    Video (Austin edited the original and uploaded again, cutting some scenes where he shows a Vega GPU and the OC with LN2)

Photo of the CPU-Z
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryzen5144_2449cb.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	132220

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by figuretti View Post
    http://mirror.ninja/5vixv8
    Video (Austin edited the original and uploaded again, cutting some scenes where he shows a Vega GPU and the OC with LN2)

Photo of the CPU-Z
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryzen5144_2449cb.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	132220
    Interesting.

But you know what? They still set the cinebench world record with that 5.1 GHz Ryzen.

Gotta remember this is a new architecture designed for efficiency and has 8 cores to overclock. I'm frankly really happy with what I've seen so far.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's weird that NewEgg didn't have C6H pre-orders, just Ryzen pre-orders. Had to go with Amazon.

Brilliant Idiot
    2363 CB score on ln2 @5.2 1.875 v.

Kinda reminds me of Llano. Go figure

CB Wr is done with 96 cores. Fyi.

In its hardware class core for core its a top score.

Less im missing something WR is over 8000
    Last edited by chew*; 02-22-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    2363 CB score on ln2 @5.2 1.875 v.

Kinda reminds me of Llano. Go figure

CB Wr is done with 96 cores. Fyi.

In its hardware class core for core its a top score.

Less im missing something WR is over 8000
    It's probably WR in 8core/16 threads category

Brilliant Idiot
    A WR is the best score total for any benchmark.

A guiness WR is the best score done live with many impartial witnesses and is not necessarily a WR.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    so how long till real review samples are sent out and there nda lifted?
    TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2088\9500MHz -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
    3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM

Brilliant Idiot
    Some got theres early some didnt get them yet.

I believe its been mentioned by many sites march 2nd launch. Most likely safe to assume NDA lift then.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    Release as chew said, march 2nd it seems.
    I also read in some comments on guru3d the nda is up on the 28th.

I'm looking forward to some screens of the new asus bios, I'm hoping everything is there...
    I'm just kinda worried about this on cpu rom chip thing for settings but I don't know.

Results seem great so far, price is a little high and this is only the 1st rev.
    But for ex I guess, slot/socket a 1st rev wasn't to bad either considering the past (350mhz~)..

@lutjens
    As for how intel has treated us...
    Yeah I want unlocked xeons, I want qual chan mainsteam, I want as many cores mainsteam, etc...
    But personally, I like intel's warranty.

I killed my original chip by accident messing with the bios, some odd reason bios settings weren't working and it was on auto voltage at my oc cpu speed.
    Had the pump plugged into the fan header, even though it's set to max, it may not of helped the way it was hooked up.
    I only booted windows and back to the bios, that was it.
    2nd time trying mods.
    Had the same prob both times.

I told the rep my specs, ie mem and mobo.
    Dude was like whoa.., about the mem, asked me if I had it clocked to that..., I said yeah...
    Heh, well there's a policy, only supported spec'ed speeds you know?
    I swore to the dude I wasn't overclocking the cpu, I wasn't overvolting it or stressing it, just 24/7 speeds.
    They gave me a new chip, without having the paid warrenty program thing.
    And it's better then the 1st one.

Clocks a bit higher on stock voltage and gets a much better bclk overclock.
    So yeah, I like intel when it comes to support, kinda worth that price in that sense.
    For $500~, if you kill a cpu by accident, which does happen, I'm sure you guys have read about these rare things in the past, one dude is doing some random oc'ing and stumbles on a bios bug, I just happened to create my own :\.
    Honestly been wanting to buy one of those xeon's for a spare to play with, just incase I do fry it I still have my main chip :\

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Release as chew said, march 2nd it seems.
    I also read in some comments on guru3d the nda is up on the 28th.

I'm looking forward to some screens of the new asus bios, I'm hoping everything is there...
    I'm just kinda worried about this on cpu rom chip thing for settings but I don't know.

Results seem great so far, price is a little high and this is only the 1st rev.
    But for ex I guess, slot/socket a 1st rev wasn't to bad either considering the past (350mhz~)..

@lutjens
    As for how intel has treated us...
    Yeah I want unlocked xeons, I want qual chan mainsteam, I want as many cores mainsteam, etc...
    But personally, I like intel's warranty.

I killed my original chip by accident messing with the bios, some odd reason bios settings weren't working and it was on auto voltage at my oc cpu speed.
    Had the pump plugged into the fan header, even though it's set to max, it may not of helped the way it was hooked up.
    I only booted windows and back to the bios, that was it.
    2nd time trying mods.
    Had the same prob both times.

I told the rep my specs, ie mem and mobo.
    Dude was like whoa.., about the mem, asked me if I had it clocked to that..., I said yeah...
    Heh, well there's a policy, only supported spec'ed speeds you know?
    I swore to the dude I wasn't overclocking the cpu, I wasn't overvolting it or stressing it, just 24/7 speeds.
    They gave me a new chip, without having the paid warrenty program thing.
    And it's better then the 1st one.

Clocks a bit higher on stock voltage and gets a much better bclk overclock.
    So yeah, I like intel when it comes to support, kinda worth that price in that sense.
    For $500~, if you kill a cpu by accident, which does happen, I'm sure you guys have read about these rare things in the past, one dude is doing some random oc'ing and stumbles on a bios bug, I just happened to create my own :\.
    Honestly been wanting to buy one of those xeon's for a spare to play with, just incase I do fry it I still have my main chip :\
    It's the stupid crap that Intel pulls on a regular basis that's frustrating. Like the disabling of vPro and TXT on K model chips...no reason to do so. The purile restricting of ECC support to Xeon only...why can't the "flagship" i7 EE have that as well...surely the purchaser of a chip at that price point has purchased that feature. Blocking overclocking on non-K chips, which probably took them more resources to execute than they recovered in K sales. Taking away the few small courtesy bins of overclocking that existed with Sandy Bridge. Blocking use of E3 Xeons on consumer motherboards. Keeping "enthusiast-centric" SSDs limited in size. Maintaining a quad core CPU as the standard mainstream performance processor for a full 10 years. And yes, the granddaddy of them all...the deliberate and intentional restricting of CPU performance available to the market through the policy of hard-locking all but the smallest core count CPUs and insisting on a pitifully inadequate TDP envelope for hgh-performance, high core count processors. Or course, the above aggravations only applied to us, the great unwashed. Intel's buddies and choice customers got whatever they wanted, with chips like the E5-1691 V3 being produced for select customers. You want one? Too bad.

The competition that comes from Ryzen and Naples will be very good and will encourage much-needed change at Intel. Enthusiasts everywhere, however, should consider the value of this competition in keeping prices reasonable and in keeping CPU technology advancements coming far more regularly than has occured over the last decade.
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Xtreme Guru
    I dunno, some of that stuff is just par for the course in industry. We have plenty of features that are only available on top level trims (though our truck lines are pretty good about being a la carte).

I think you can hold it against them for the ridiculous pricing lately, such as the 6950X being nearly $2k - but I do think feature restriction is common practice in any industry.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Brilliant Idiot
    Yah like 4k tvs....screens is 4k capable ( almost all are 43" and up cheaper to use 1 screen type for all ). They nerf it with tv tuner with less memory. Add a formatted blank usb stick to tv power off. Voila 4k...
    Last edited by chew*; 02-22-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    heatware chew*

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    2445 was the previous 8c/16t record with a 5960X.
    Pretty sure it can be relatively easy beaten if more LN2 OCers start running CB15 as well as the regular benchmarks.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast