Thread: My First Water Cooling Build a very ambitious AMD's VEGA + Ryzen Builds and AM4 Mothe

My First Water Cooling Build a very ambitious AMD's VEGA + Ryzen Builds and AM4 Mothe

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

First thing's first; as I ask for help i know Ryzen, Vega, and AM4 Boards are not available yet but they will be soon. And as all of us system builders understand is that most parts will work with new products. So what I'm asking is for this communities help with my project minus the things i cant buy because they are not on the market just yet.

I've been a system builder for many years, In fact I'm an IT guy so I'm dealing with systems on a daily basis, but the one thing i haven't done is a DIY Water Cooling build. After a lot of thought i really feel like it is time for me to take the plunge to build one.

So here's the deal; I have a few must haves in this build, but after that i need help picking parts. Since this is my first DIY Water Cooling system i thought it might be great to have some awesome people in this community to help me out. Give suggestion to a parts list.

I will be as detailed as possible to give everyone as much information as needed to help me come up with the parts i need minus the ones i cannot get yet. Thank you in advance for anyone and everyone that read and/or responds to this thread.

OK here's what i want in a nut shell. I want a Full water cooled system from CPU, GPU, with a Pump Reservoir combo, CPU block, GPU block, Radiator And Hard Tubing. Now i know the GPU and CPU blocks will not be available to Ryzen and Vega release. So i will have to wait to buy those parts at a later date. But i can start with a good Rad, Pump Res, Tube, and fitting list for the case i have. So here's what i must have:

Fitting
    Thermaltake Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube Fitting for Water Cooling System (16mm OD/12mm ID, 6-Pack)
    Case
    In Win 805 Infinity

Those are my must haves because i want to build a complete RGB water cooled system.

Now here are the things i think i need, but not sure whats the best brands to get.

• CPU Water Block Ryzen (not currently available)
    • GPU Water Block Vega (not currently available)
    • Hard Tubing. I heard Thermaltake's tubing is is really good. Per this video>>>>YouTube Video Tubing
    • Pump + Reservoir...Please suggest brand and why.
    • Fitting 90? and 45? angle fitting
    • Radiator maybe looks like i'm stuck at 240mm or 280mm
    • Maybe a few extra things like Visual Flow Indicator, or anything else for suggestion.

So that's my list. Please give me some good suggestions for a Novice like me on his first Water cool build. BTW im going to use fitting for bends dont want to try the heat thing til i feel comfortable with my first build.

you need a RGB psu.

Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post
    you need a RGB psu.
    I was really thinking of buying one.

BTW this
    Build changed completely
    Here what i have now
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pfGwpb

How many pumps/loops are you thinking about? I'm a dual serial pumps in a single loop guy myself as I like the redundancy but I know modern safety features will save your cpu if you have a pump failure. With PWM pumps you can get along with a single pump and setup the system to power down if it fails.

Are you willing to bend your own fittings? You can cut down on the flow restrictions if you will design your hard loop to use gentle bends instead of hard 90 degree corners. Each 90 corner adds the equivalent to a length of pipe that depends on the I.D. (inner diameter) of your system.

Last question. Is your goal silence or max cooling? With only the two rad spots the case seems aimed more at being a quiet cooling solution as you'd want at least 3x120mm fans worth of radiator surface area if you are aiming at max cooling given you want to cool both the CPU and GPU.
    HARDWARE
    CPU: Intel i7-6700K - Delided and repaste w/Liquid Metal
    RAM: 4x4GB Kingston CL15 3000
    MB: Gigabyte Z170x-UD5-TH
    GPU: *Waiting for Vega*
    AUDIO: M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
    HD:
    *waiting for NVME drive*
    1x512Gb Samsung 850 Pro
    2x150Gb Raptors RAID 0
    PSU:
    EVGA 850 P2
    Meanwell 320w-12(Running 13.4v for pumps)
    MNT:Acer 2423W & HP ZR24W

COOLING

CPU: Swiftech Apogee GTZ
    GPU: *SOME WATERBLOCK FOR VEGA*
    RAD: BlackIce III Extreme
    PMP: 2xLang D5 in series
    TUB: 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Tygon Silver Antimicrobial
    FANs:
    3xDelta EFB1212SHE TriBlade
    2xSharktoon SK-2000-80
    2xCM Excalibur
    1xDelta GFB1212VHW

Nice information and i do thank you. Im going for cool and quite not much of an overclocker as of yet. Here a link to my parts list
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pfGwpb

I have changed this setup. used ,monsoon fittings instead of thermaltake