Thread: [News] Microsoft claims Surface reliability isn't really that bad

[News] Microsoft claims Surface reliability isn't really that bad

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/10/...sumer-reports/

Consumer Reports said that it would no longer recommend Microsoft's Surface laptops and tablets because of "poor predicted reliability" compared to other brands, based on its surveys. Now Microsoft has responded, with a statement saying that it is "disappointed" in the decision and providing some of its own data.
    We are proud of our products and the amazing things our customers are doing with them. We stand firmly behind the quality and reliability of the Surface family of devices, and I can confidently tell you there has never been a better time to buy a Surface.

We use a lot of those tablets and can't say we've had any real issues with most of them. A couple yes, but the Pro 4 has been very solid over all, anyway.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm on my second keyboard for my Surface 3 and the mouse click is going out on this one which is very annoying. I've also heard some complaints with the pen but I never use mine. The tablet itself is very reliable as long as you don't drop it (smashed the screen on my original one and had to have it replaced).
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
    I'm on my second keyboard for my Surface 3 and the mouse click is going out on this one which is very annoying. I've also heard some complaints with the pen but I never use mine. The tablet itself is very reliable as long as you don't drop it (smashed the screen on my original one and had to have it replaced).
    If it was an actual mouse you were talking about, I'de say just hammer on the button with your finger like you're trying to turbo on a game...
    It unsticks it for a day or a month lol, I've done it so many times with every single mouse I've owned, annoying, but what can you do...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    If it was an actual mouse you were talking about, I'de say just hammer on the button with your finger like you're trying to turbo on a game...
    It unsticks it for a day or a month lol, I've done it so many times with every single mouse I've owned, annoying, but what can you do...
    Oddly enough, it clicks just fine, it just doesn't register.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators