Thread: Best source of Samsung B-die or E-die with small/no heatspreaders?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Best source of Samsung B-die or E-die with small/no heatspreaders?

Please delete this thread or move it to the appropriate forum if non-results threads are unwelcome here! Thanks!

So where is the best place to get Samsung B-die or E-die without buying DIMMs with huge heatspreaders? I'd be happy to get the Galax HOF DDR4-3200 DIMMs since the 2x8GB kits are priced pretty low on their store, but those heatspreaders. . . ugh. All the G.Skill Ripjaws V and Trident Z heatspreaders are larger than I'd like, too.

Corsair has properly-sized heatspreaders on their Vengeance LPX DIMMs, but I'm pretty sure that's all Micron?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LPX 3600 kits are samsung b, no idea about lower bins of 2x8GB and 4x8GB kits though. But at 3200c14 kits it is usually safe to assume they use B-die as well, the specs are normally only doable with these ics

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Okay, thanks! According to some help I got elsewhere, it looks like Corsair DIMMs will tell you what ICs they have based on the DIMM version number published on stickers pasted on the back of the DIMMS.

So ver 3.41 = B-Die

That means DDR4-3733 Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 and DDR4-3200 Vengeance LPX 16GBx2 kits have B-die.

DDR4-3466 8GBx2 is not.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post
    Okay, thanks! According to some help I got elsewhere, it looks like Corsair DIMMs will tell you what ICs they have based on the DIMM version number published on stickers pasted on the back of the DIMMS.

So ver 3.41 = B-Die

That means DDR4-3733 Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 and DDR4-3200 Vengeance LPX 16GBx2 kits have B-die.

DDR4-3466 8GBx2 is not.
    Ver4.31 actually. 4.x is always Samsung ICs on Corsair DDR3 and DDR4.
    i7 4930K
    32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400C10
    Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    2x GeForce GTX 780
    Corsair AX1200
    Cooler Master HAF-X
    Dell U3011

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oops 4.31 sorry. Thanks for the correction.