Thread: [News] Dell cancels 4K UP3017Q OLED monitor

[News] Dell cancels 4K UP3017Q OLED monitor

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/del...d-monitor.html

A bit unexpected Dell canceled the 4K OLED monitor they had announced. The Dell UP3017Q Ultrasharp 30-inch does not meet expectations especially in terms of unresolvable image quality problems. Dell did not explain in further detail what the problem was.

The 5000 USD monitor would have gotten a 30-inch OLED screen reports tech site les Num?riques. The huge advantage with OLED is that black really black as a dark colored pixel simply is turned off bringing Ultrasharp an astonihsing contrast with obviously stunning colors. The screen would have gotten a 400,000:1 contrast ratio and response time of 0.1ms with 100 percent of the AdobeRGB color space and can reach 97.8 percent of the DCI-P3 color space. DCI-P3 is the color space used exclusively for cinema today.

Xtreme Member
    $5k US is a good enough reason for cancelling as far as I'm concerned.
    say it ain't so Joe............SEO Services SEO Business

i bet they underestimated what the power consomption would be. right now to stay i the legal wattage range tvs have to lower the white brightness since they can rival plasma power consumption with a full white screen. with that they could have ran into problems with desktop use where they could not have high accuracy and stay in the power envelope. the laptops with oled from lenovo have similar problems.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftex View Post
    $5k US is a good enough reason for cancelling as far as I'm concerned.
    full RGB oled panels are really expensive. they will never come down in price unless people start buying the larger panels so cut down smaller ones can be used as salvage.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    zanzabar the pragmatic soul. Understood and thanks for clarifying sir.
    say it ain't so Joe............SEO Services SEO Business

Xtreme Monster
    It's a pity, with many delays and price like that, it could not be helped. The LG 55 Oled TV is the only choice right now.