Thread: Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones

Introduction

Those who participate in sport can be very particular about the equipment they use. There probably isn't a runner who doesn't attribute a personal best to a winning combination of the right socks and shoes, or marathon success to wearing the right compression shorts on the day.It's this meticulous obsession to detail that helps sports people focus on what they're doing, meaning they can put interference and distraction to one side, get in the zone and perform. For many, music plays a big part in training, so sports headphones have to hit the proverbial nail on the head.So what happens when Sandberg decided to make a pair of in-ear headphones that are "ready to run"?

Specifications.

Packaging & Bundle

The Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones are packed inside a small clear plastic box that allows you to take a close look at the unit prior to purchasing it.

At the rear of the box we see a description of the product printed in many languages right above the contents and specifications lists.

Inside the box, you'll find very little included with the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones. A getting started guide,four additional silicone ear tip sizes and a micro-USB charging cable. While I will forgive Sandberg for not including a protective storage case, I really think Sandberg should have included a lot more tip options and even ones made out of foam since not everyone is going to be pleased with the limited selection of ear tips included with the Bluetooth Sports Earphones.

Closer Examination

The Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones are built from softly molded, rubberlike plastic, and loop over the top of your ear.

The design of the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones is a very beautiful one. Like a piece of jewelry, a chromed piece of plastic protrudes out where the faceplate on a custom monitor would be. They are certainly something to look at and look very gorgeous in the light. The design is simple, shiny, and will definitely catch eyes.

The buds are connected by a flat, plastic band that loops behind your neck.The cord for the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones is short and it doesn't cling to your neck.

The housings of the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones are entirely made of chrome metal. The inside, that faces the ear, is also in chrome metal to allow you to view the driver within.

There's an inline mic and controls on the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones cable, meaning you don't have to reach for your phone when you want to skip tracks or take a call. This is designed to work with a wide variety of devices, so you'll get some response whether you're on Android or iPhone.The central button will control playback, track skipping and answering or declining calls. The center and bottom buttons offer volume controls across most devices.

The slot for the USB is located underneath the Remote control.The covering for the slot flows seamlessly with the design of the rest of the product, making it hard to find. I once found myself picking at the wrong spot while trying to find the outlet and worried I was going to do damage to the covering. While the incognito nature of the charging outlet adds to the aesthetic of the product, it will take some practice to remember where it is.

Performance

I'm always annoyed by the design of most wireless headphones, as I don't know why I'd want a loop of cord flapping around behind my neck.I was worried that the neckband wouldn't be snug around the back of my neck and would jostle the headphones. As it turns out, the neckband is made of a light weight rubber and is only noticeable if you reach back to scratch your head. The ear buds fit securely and the over-the-ear loops ensure the headphones stay in place. I have never had an issue with needing to adjust these headphones. Once they're in place, they will stay put for as long as you need them to.I have never seen a device pick up a Bluetooth signal so quickly. As soon as the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones are turned on, they are connected and ready to use. Even more importantly, I have never had the headphones disconnect from my phone or lose signal. Once they are connected, they cling to your phone like a leech to a leg. Charging to full capacity will take 90 minutes tops, leaving you ready to go for your next run.I liked the evenness of tonal quality from the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones.The very high highs weren't as defined as other wireless earphones such as the Beats PowerBeats 2, but I didn't miss them except in classical-music sets, where nuance is important. Lows and midrange were smooth, although not as bright or vivid as I would have liked.Rock, pop and R&B sounded especially good. Tracks from Nirvana sounded detached, but Green Day sounded great. Joe Satriani begged for just a little more upper midrange, but it was still good. Marvin Gaye sounded fantastic. DJ music wasn't quite as vivid, but had a pleasant amount of dynamic range. Jazz, especially traditional NYC jazz like Charles Mingus, was smooth and calming. The range seemed strong, except for the aforementioned very high highs.Because the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones use the Bluetooth 4.1 spec, they had a range of more than 9m from my Bluetooth sources, which included a MacBook Air, an iPhone 5c, a Samsung S3 and a Kenwood Marine "car" stereo.

Call quality on the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones was excellent.Conversational sound quality was very good, although the lack of a tight ear seal meant louder ambient noise had me squeezing the earpieces into my ears.After 12 charge cycles, I determined that the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones battery can last (given medium volume playback) 8 hours, with the peak at 8:30 and the worst case at 7:21. Raising the volume to the highest tolerated level shortened the life, but not by much the high was 7:44, and the shortest battery life was 6:09. Charging takes place via a very short micro USB cable.

Conclusion

The Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones are specifically geared towards people looking for wireless headphones to use during intense workouts and fitness routines.Build quality is all right, nothing too fancy and as good as any other wireless pair of sporty earbuds currently out on the market for under $50.The really good thing about the all-plastic construction of the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones is that it makes them very lightweight, durable and very comfortable to wear during those strenuous activities both indoors and out. I especially like the short and somewhat tangle-free cable connecting the two earbuds together as it doesn't dangle too far below the neck.

Not only do they have a strong build, but these headphones also deliver a decent sound quality. While they aren't the quality of $$$ earphones, the sound quality is what you'd expect for the price. There's no crackling, skittering, or jumping through tracks. The sound is clear and good enough to get you through your runs.I have walked over 9m from my phone without losing the Bluetooth connection to the Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones.You will spend more money replacing cheap headphones than you will investing in one expensive pair that will last. The Sandberg Bluetooth Sports Earphones are built to last(5 years warranty). No longer do I have to worry if the sound will cut out in the middle of my run, or if the battery will decide to stop holding a charge. These headphones are reliable.
    Last edited by testman78; 12-12-2016 at 09:34 AM.