Thread: Sandberg Powerbank 10000 USB-C + QC 3.0

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Powerbank 10000 USB-C + QC 3.0

Introduction

Our smartphones are getting more and more advanced. Our batteries are getting larger and larger. But most smartphones still can't last us an entire day, unfortunately. With many smartphones going the route of sealing the batteries inside, many users have had to go the route of getting an external battery pack. It's actually a better solution, seeing as these battery packs can charge anything that uses USB. While an extended battery would only work for one particular smartphone.Sandberg has released a new battery pack in their PowerBank lineup,the 10000 and this one features USB-C & Quick Charge 3.0 technology available on a select few smartphones right now.So how does it stack up to the competition? Is it better than just a standard battery pack? Let's find out.

Specifications.

Packaging & Bundle

The Sandberg Powerbank 10000 USB-C + QC 3.0 is packed inside a small clear plastic box that allows you to take a close look at the unit prior to purchasing it.

At the rear of the box we see a description of the product printed in many languages right above the contents and specifications lists.

The Sandberg Powerbank 10000 USB-C + QC 3.0 is accompanied by a user manual.

When the Sandberg Powerbank 10000 USB-C + QC 3.0 arrived, it was already charged. Additionally, it included a USB charging cord, so the device was able to be used right away.

Closer Examination

This is a power bank that intends to offer a more stylish and modern look.The white accents on the silver version do add an especially pleasing element compared to the plainer and more generic black looking options.

It's very light though it's made of premium materials, and feels really great in the hand.

It has a nice plastic power button.

The power bank has a power indicator with a line of lights (4 total - with the fourth light indicating full charge) that lets you know how much charge the device has left.

The portable battery bank on one thick edge has a USB output port with 1.5V,1A. For the input you can find a micro-USB port.It of course feature two different fast-charging technologies, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (Which is backwards compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 as well) that delivers up to 3A of output, and USB-C for Rapid charging that delivers up to 3A.

Performance

The power bank I received had a 75% charge out of the box. I fully charged the Sandberg Powerbank 10000 USB-C + QC 3.0 prior to using it for the 1st time.To charge devices with this power bank you simply push the power button and connect your smartphone at either the USB port (with Quick Charge 3.0 capability) or the USB-Type C port (for the newest smartphones). To charge the power bank simply use a USB cable connected to a USB hub and let it charge.

I was able to get 2610mAh using the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 port with a HTC 10, and 1510mAh for an Nextbit Robin using the USB-C port. These speeds were achieved while charging both devices at the same time, which is an incredible feat. So no worries, you can get all your devices quickly charged at once.Though the USB-C port performance was some kind of mediocre.I never really get speeds faster than 1600-1700mAh of charging input from and USB-C charger, and I own 3 different USB-C Rapid Chargers. It's also important to note that neither the HTC 10 or the Nextbit Robin are USB-C Power Delivery 2.0 capable, which would deliver the rapid charging speeds of up to 3A.I was able to charge my smartphones up to 3 times with this Powebank.

Conclusion

I'm in love with this charger mainly because of the form factor and aluminum casing and I definitely can't say enough good things about it. There are many power banks out there but most of them are made of plastic, and rather big for the capacity they offer.It stuffs two of the faster charging technology into one small powerbank, which is something that hasn't been accomplished yet in any other powerbank. It's super small(for the amount of power it can provide)and compact, very light in the hand.To charge my Nexus 5X with the power bank, I used the Nexus 5X factory Type-C cable to connect the 5X to the power bank. The Nexus 5X battery was at 2% when I connected the 2 devices. I timed how long it took the 5X to reach a 100% charge. I also used the Ampere app to get an idea of the Max/Min amps during the charging cycle.

- Charge Time: 105 Minutes (versus 60-90 minutes for the factory wall charger).
    - Minimum Amperage: 70mA
    - Maximum Amperage: 2430mA
    - Volts: 4.353v
    - The 5X lock screen indicated "Charging Rapidly" throughout the charging process.
    - A single full charge of the Nexus 5X depletes approximately 25% of the 10000mAh power bank.

I was able to fast charge two delivery simultaneously. This charger is backwards compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, so older android devices aren't left out, while supporting newer and upcoming Android devices with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Devices such as the LG G5, Nexus 6p, Nexus 5x and a few others benefit from the USB-C Rapid charging this powerbank offers, which is great. This powerbank is not affordable($74), but doesn't sacrifice quality one bit. I highly recommend this Powerbank for anyone with a smartphone.

Last edited by testman78; 12-12-2016 at 12:35 AM.