Thread: China grabs Trump by the Apples

China grabs Trump by the Apples

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/42117-c...by-the-iphones

The Chinese government has threatened to ban iPhones and US cars from China if 'naive' Donald Trump starts a trade war with the glorious People?s Republic.

If that happens, then Apple?s bottom line will be gutted, particularly if Donald "Prince of Orange" Trump follows through on his promise to force the Fruity Cargo Cult back to the US.

A Chinese Communist party-controlled paper slammed Trump for his recklessness, ignorance and incompetence? and he has not even started work yet. During the acrimonious race for the White House Trump repeatedly lashed out at China, vowing to punish Beijing with ?defensive? 45 percent tariffs on Chinese imports and to officially declare it a currency manipulator. The state-run Global Times warned that such measures would be a grave mistake.

?If Trump wrecks Sino-US trade, several US industries will be impaired. Finally, the new president will be condemned for his recklessness, ignorance and incompetence,? the newspaper said in an editorial.

The Global Times claimed any new tariffs would trigger immediate ?countermeasures? and a ?tit-for-tat approach? from Beijing.

A batch of Boeing orders will be replaced by Airbus. US auto and iPhone sales in China will suffer a setback, and US soybean and maize imports will be halted. China can also limit the number of Chinese students studying in the US.

China?s foreign ministry has also warned Trump not to square up to Beijing.

Foreign ministry spokesperson Lu Kang told reporters last week: ?I believe that any US politician, if he takes the interests of his own people first, will adopt a policy that is conducive to the economy."

It cannot be a good time for Apple which uses China for its manufacturing and is hoping that it can benefit from the huge sales that the country can offer. China initially did well for Apple, but then buyers started to slack off.

Xtreme Guru
    Ehh #yolo.

BRING ON THE TRADE WAR! WE SHALL FIGHT WITH KNIVES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Far be it for me to be a Debbie Downer, but if 2016 campaign rhetoric translates into 2017 Federal policy, you have all the ingredients of the 1937-38 recession in place ....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail? View Post
    Far be it for me to be a Debbie Downer, but if 2016 campaign rhetoric translates into 2017 Federal policy, you have all the ingredients of the 1937-38 recession in place ....
    All i have seen so far, that trump is willing to say anything.Not do anything.I feel bad for american people.TBH for whole world ,as it seems he wont do the good things he promised, but started doing bad things he didnt talk that much about , and thats a recipe for trouble.I still cant wrap my head around the fact that us people elected shady billionaire with a VERY bad record , born rich guy, who skipped vietnam, no political experience, a tv reality star who somewhat incoherently was just saying random things people wanna hear (often things that were in contrast with each other).I get that Us people were tired with constant "racist" this and that and weird minority whining, but cmon .There should be some law, for people in political campaigns, that would just put them in jail if they would lie constantly (that would eliminate both trump and clinton from the race).I mean i understand sanders, or Jeb maybe, but trump ? And pence ? Supposedly richest and most advanced nation in the world led by a con man and a religious idiot ? When i watched idiocracy 10 years ago i was laughing.Im not laughing now :/
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    All i have seen so far, that trump is willing to say anything.Not do anything.I feel bad for american people.TBH for whole world ,as it seems he wont do the good things he promised, but started doing bad things he didnt talk that much about , and thats a recipe for trouble.I still cant wrap my head around the fact that us people elected shady billionaire with a VERY bad record , born rich guy, who skipped vietnam, no political experience, a tv reality star who somewhat incoherently was just saying random things people wanna hear (often things that were in contrast with each other).I get that Us people were tired with constant "racist" this and that and weird minority whining, but cmon .There should be some law, for people in political campaigns, that would just put them in jail if they would lie constantly (that would eliminate both trump and clinton from the race).I mean i understand sanders, or Jeb maybe, but trump ? And pence ? Supposedly richest and most advanced nation in the world led by a con man and a religious idiot ? When i watched idiocracy 10 years ago i was laughing.Im not laughing now :/
    Honestly, even as a minority living in America I'm just not that worried. John Oliver did a great piece on how the media has drummed up a lot of the worst aspects of both political parties in order to sell fear (which inherently draws people into the news). I think the reality is 90% of what is actually going on is pretty much boring ol' America - it's the crazies at both ends that either doing racist things or violently protesting.

If you look at what Trump has done since being named president, the proposals have actually been very moderate. My suspicion is as you pointed out, it was a lot of talk designed just to rile people up into voting for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Administrator
    Before you sit down at the bargaining table you need to come from a position of power, then make your deal.
    He will awaken with the reality and pressure of how things work, start out moderate and see how things go.

Yes lots of fear came from both sides drummed up by the media, the media is your enemy, that and Soros.

WikiLeaks exposed just how corrupt Hillary is in both politics and the Foundation. She played her hand badly, had to much baggage and lost, game over.
    Look at what they did to Bernie, he should have jumped out and ran 3rd party, but no, he decided to take the money and run so he didn't have an accidental suicide.

Is Trump the answer... who knows at this point.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lu Kang? Sounds like the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman is moonlighting as a character in Mortal Kombat.

(yeah it's Liu Kang but still)

Xtreme Cruncher
    I want to believe it's not a big deal but then I see who he is surrounding himself with, even if he isn't those other people...................and then SCOTUS
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything