Thread: Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000

Introduction

Sandberg's Power Banks are a popular choice when we are choosing a power bank to provide our devices some juice. We have reviewed the 10000mAh Power Bank in the past and its price is very appealing and the performance is satisfying.However, the 10000mAh unit can be quite thick and this is quite inconvenient for frequent travellers. To address this, Sandberg has introduced a 5000mAh Pocket Power Bank and it is much, much thinner than its predecessors.

Specifications.

Packaging & Bundle

The Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000 is packed inside a small clear plastic box that allows you to take a close look at the unit prior to purchasing it.

At the rear of the box we see a description of the product printed in many languages right above the contents and specifications lists.

The Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000 is accompanied by a user manual.

When the Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000 arrived, it was already charged. Additionally, it included a USB charging cord, so the device was able to be used right away.

Closer Examination

One of the selling points of the power bank is its thickness, which comes at only 10mm. While it is quite thin, the construction is solid and I have no worry that the durability is compromised to make it thinner. The thin chassis makes it easier to fit both my phone and the Sandberg Pocket Powerbank in the same pocket.

The plastic case looks simple and nice. The plastic case feels really good in hand too.The front has the Sandberg branding at the lower area.

The round edges make it easier to adjust inside the pockets or to hold it in your hands.

On the front of the power bank you would find a micro USB port and a full-size USB port which are meant for charging your devices and refilling the juice back in the power bank.It has a 2A rated USB charging port.This means, you can easily fast charge your smartphones, cameras or other gizmos which support fast charging.

There is a power button that is used to turn on charging and resetting the power bank.

The 4 white LEDs near the button will light up subtly to show the current battery level. Each LED will represent a quarter of the full charge and you can roughly tell the how much power is left by looking on the LEDs.I had been using the power bank prior to taking that picture which is why only 3 LEDs are illuminated.

The back cover is made of an aluminum alloy.

Performance

It takes around 6-7 hours to get fully charged using a usual USB cable. I have given the time difference of 1 hour in full charge depending on the distinct cables, because USB cable plays an important role in total charging time.

We are able to get around 3500mAh to 3600mAh of charge out of the Pocket Powerbank 5000 with different devices.In case you wonder why you are not getting 5000mAh of charge, here's the reason. The 5000mAh of charge is stored in the power bank at 3.7V and when it is used to charge the other devices, its voltage will be converted to 5V and there will be a conversion loss too.Companies claim that the conversion rate is 93% for the power bank. So here's the calculation: 5000mAh x 3.7V/5V x 93% = 3441mAh.During my test I charged an iPhone 6 with 1810 mAh capacity, and according to my calculations you can charge it (3441/1810) 1.9 times if you fully discharge your phone and start charging. In real time testing, I was easily getting around 1.8 times of charge which is quite close to what Sandberg claims about it.

Conclusion

I found this new pocketable 5000mAh Sandberg portable charger highly recommendable. It’s lightweight and a very efficient power bank for your phones and tablets.It slips easily inside your pocket, it is so easy to carry that sometimes you forget there is a battery bank in your pocket or bag.

After using the Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000 for almost 1 month, I am really impressed with the overall performance. One of the best qualities of this power bank is the design and material of used to build it, it makes it more portable and sturdy. The charging speed of the output port is really fast, which shows that nothing important has been compromised to make it slimmer. I would recommend this power bank for its portability, safety and quality.The Sandberg Pocket Powerbank 5000 have an MSRP of $26.99, which is a fair price for a 5000mAh power bank.Last but not least Sandberg offers an five-year warranty with its product.
    Last edited by testman78; 11-13-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Still think 10k model is more practical overall.
    say it ain't so Joe............SEO Services SEO Business