Thread: Sandberg PowerBank 10000

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg PowerBank 10000

Introduction

I've become quite fond of power banks. I consider myself a tech power user and have no difficulty draining a device's battery. As a result, I'm in constant need of a power source and have found power banks to be an excellent solution. I was given the opportunity to test the Sandberg PowerBank 10,000 mAh power bank and determine whether it will be a permanent fixture in my geek toolbox.

Specifications.

Packaging & Bundle

The Sandberg Powerbank 10000 is packed inside a small clear plastic box that allows you to take a close look at the unit prior to purchasing it.

At the rear of the box we see a description of the product printed in many languages right above the contents and specifications lists.

The Sandberg Powerbank 10000 is accompanied by a user manual.

When the Sandberg power bank arrived, it was already charged. Additionally, it included a USB charging cord, so the device was able to be used right away.

Closer Examination

The Sandberg power bank weighs 210gr and measures 21 cm Height x 10 cm Width x 2.7 cm Depth. It falls into the portable power bank category, but it's a bit bigger and heavier than I would like. When I'm on the go, I like to keep my belongings in my cargo pockets.I feel like the Sandberg power bank would eventually bruise my knee if I walked around with it in there.

The battery itself is covered with deep grey plastic.No gloss, no fingerprints, which is exactly how I like it.

The Sandberg has a 10,000 mAh battery capacity. Considering most modern phones have about a 3000 mAh battery capacity, you should get around three complete recharges out of the battery pack.

The top of the device contains the four LED charging indicators. Each LED represents about 25% battery life.

I had been using the power bank prior to taking that picture which is why only 2 LEDs are illuminated.

The portable battery bank on one thick edge has 2 USB output ports-one with 1.5V, 2.1A and other with 2.5V, 1.5A. For the input you can find a micro-USB port.Near them is a power button. Pressing the button once illuminates the LED indicators and provides the current charge level.

The interior has a few useful smart circuitry for protection against over current and short circuit.

Li-polymer battery type of Sandberg makes the device efficient and user friendly.

Performance

To charge your device, you only need to plug the charging cord into your phone and into the power bank's port. The power bank automatically turns on and begins to charge you device. The ports allow your devices to be recharged at a reasonable speed although, not nearly as fast as the newer Quick Charge 2.0 devices. I was also able to charge multiple devices at once without a problem.At one point, I was using my Samsung S7 as a hotspot to stream football games on my tablet. The power bank was able to keep up with the demands of tethering while still recharging my phone from 40% to full. I then attached the power bank to my tablet and it recharged it from 15% to about 25% while streaming football. Once I was done watching the games, I disconnected the Sandberg and found it still had an LED lit.

Once the Sandberg is empty, you plug the charging cord into a power source and the power bank's microUSB port. It took just under 11 hours to charge the power bank. Although it seems like a long time, it's about average compared to other power banks I've used.

Conclusion

The Sandberg PowerBank 10000 may not sound like the most exciting product ever, and that's because it isn't. Nobody wants to rely on an extra gadget just to make sure their other one doesn't die by the end of the day, but unfortunately, a world of high-powered devices with struggling batteries is the one we live in. Of course, modern smartphones can often go a day or two without too much trouble, at least if you're not using it for demanding tasks all the time, but lets be honest, we all love a few games, a few videos and before you know it, you're out of power again.You can plug in two mobile devices at once to charge them with the Power Bank. One of the USB ports is rated for 1 amps and the other for 2.1 amps. The 2.1-amp port is your best bet for charging tablets in any reasonable time frame. You should use the 1-amp port when you want to trickle-charge your smartphone. The Power Bank's input is limited to 1 amps, which means that it takes quite a while to charge the mobile phone battery pack. You can expect it to take around 11 hours in ideal conditions. You should not use this device for pass-through charging.The Sandberg PowerBank 10000 offers up a huge amount of power, which will charge any high-end smartphone such as the OnePlus, Xperia series, iPhone, Galaxy and more at least two times, although most will get a three full charges from near 0% power. If like me, you charge your phone every other day, that means the Sandberg PowerBank 10000 will free me from a plug socket for a whole week! That's a big help if you're traveling, stuck in the office, in a foreign country and a whole host of other scenarios.

The Sandberg is a great device. It can charge multiple devices and once, and does so at a reasonable speed. While I wouldn't recommend keeping it in your pocket, it would be a great power bank to keep in a backpack or purse.Price for the Sandberg PowerBank 10000 is $42 which is not the average price for a power bank of this capacity but for its capabilities and five-year warranty is seriously impressive.
    Last edited by testman78; 11-12-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Xtreme Member
    This is a handy addition to have. I'm getting this one. Thanks!
    say it ain't so Joe............SEO Services SEO Business