Thread: [News] AMD Ryzen 7 Initial Inventory Looks Healthy

[News] AMD Ryzen 7 Initial Inventory Looks Healthy

https://www.techpowerup.com/231048/a...-looks-healthy

On the 2nd of March, AMD Ryzen processors hit the shelves in three high-end models, the $499 Ryzen 7-1800X, the $399 Ryzen 7-1700X, and the $329 Ryzen 7-1700. Tne question on everyone's minds is whether there will be enough units to reach their friendly neighborhood PC hardware stores. According to Taiwan-based industry observer DigiTimes, AMD is planning a healthy inventory of Ryzen chips.

AMD's initial shipment of Ryzen processors, which go on sale on the 2nd March, will be backed by a worldwide inventory of 1 million units. Think about that for a moment - AMD's bean-counters are confident it can sell 1 million $329-$499 processors. A more or less equal number of socket AM4 motherboards are expected to be in supply, with there being about 80 models of socket AM4 motherboards to choose from.

Well, AMD know theres a lot of people fed up with intel. I've seen a fair few intel folk saying they are switching to Zen, I don't think AMD will shift 1 million units as fast as they are thinking, but they will shift them pretty quick I reckon.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

I wish I was one of them.

Thought briefly about using my tax return for a new PC build, but, the smart thing is to use the money on the house (again).

<sigh> Adulting sometimes sucks
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

Thought briefly about using my tax return for a new PC build, but, the smart thing is to use the money on the house (again).

Or, you can do what I did last year, and invest your tax return in AMD.

That way you can sell once you have enough profit to cover the cost of the build AND house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

Hah I know how you feel!
    I am running an i5 2500K at 4Ghz and as much as I want to, I just can't think of a situation or game where Ryzen would make a noticable difference that justifies spending another 700 euro.
    Convincing myself I need it for my company may work tho.. :P

Brilliant Idiot
    I plan on doing some 2600K tests vs a theoretical ryzen 8c and 4c/8t since me personally I think many many many people are still using them.

Maybe I should add theoretical 2500K vs a theoretical 4c ryzen to the mix.

I also think most reviewers are only going to compare vs intels latest and greatest.

Last but not least. I already have the system so it costs nothing to do the comparison but time.
    Last edited by chew*; 02-27-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Cool chew! I would be very interested. I guess I mostly need it for games and a little video rendering. (Sony Vegas)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It would certainly be interesting to compare the latest Intel & AMD offerings to similarly clocked (on Intel side at least) CPUs from the Nehalem/Lynnfield generation. I've been running an I7-870 at 4Ghz for years and I have not yet run into a situation where I am CPU limited at 1080p with a 980Ti in running at PCIe 2.0 x8.

Would love to upgrade to a Ryzen system but can't really justify it.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Cool chew! I would be very interested. I guess I mostly need it for games and a little video rendering. (Sony Vegas)
    My target was games. Its actually what I have been gaming on for past 5 years.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me