Thread: Movieman megamonth crunching memorial

Xtreme X.I.P.

Movieman megamonth crunching memorial

Introduction

The Xtreme Systems Team (WCG) is honored to pay tribute to our fallen Xtreme System Team (XST) comrade: David Donald Movieman Hunt (1952-2015). A man whose compassionate life, friendship and humanitarian work has inspired and moved so many who knew him personally or through his pervasive presence at the XS Forums, Facebook and other such places. The significant numbers of fond remembrances posted on the XS Forums and on other online mediums is a true reflection of the kind of man Movieman was. He positively and successfully associated with so many of us, to bring about a desirable outcome and put a smile on our faces that he is indeed fully deserving of our special yearly honorific event: The Movieman Megamonth Crunching Memorial.

Movieman was born on the 5 February 1952 in Lynn, MA, USA. He passed away on the 28 July 2015 at the age of 63 following a courageous fight with prostate cancer. He lived in Litchfield, New Hampshire, USA. David dedicated the last 15 years of his life to taking care of his mother. He very much loved helping his fellow man, humanitarian research, High Speed Computers, fishing and fast cars. He joined XS on the 18 November 2005 and recorded his last activity on the 19 July 2015 at 04:25 PM. During this period he made a total of 33,513 XS posts or 9.31 PPD and very likely a similar amount of phone calls. Movieman was a special man. We were lucky enough to associate with him over the last 10 years and witness the generosity of his heart every day. He was humble, he thought about others and he knew how to make you feel like the most important person in the world. David epitomized the quote: When you put good will out there it is amazing what can be accomplished.

Movieman also loved fishing and the outdoors. He loved spending time at Big Bear Lake in La Tuque, Quebec, Canada with his buddy, Benoit. Dave loved being there with Ben and his family at their fishing camp, and in recent months voiced his regrets that he was not able to go back one last time. This is why his ashes are scattered there where he will forever see the sun and the stars and be in company of his good friends[/size].
    Event Aim - Goals - Guidance

The Movieman Megamonth Crunching Memorial will run from 31st October 2016 to 30th November 2016. Help Movieman Put a smile on someone face by joining us and crunching for WCG humanitarian research. Join us for a day, a week or the whole month while we celebrate the life and Xtreme times of Movieman.

The primary aim of this event is to honor Movieman's life & memory by challenging all XST members and others to maximize their computing resources to markedly increase our personal and XS team contribution to WCG humanitarian research projects. Our XS WCG Team goals, for this year, are to increase our XS WCG membership and raise our monthly BOINC point contributions to 52.5 million points from our regular 35 millions BOINC points production. We also aim to win the overall 2016 SETI.GE WCG 12th Anniversary Challenge for a third consecutive year as well as place First in the 2016 SF - Thor Challenge. For November 2016, the daily posts in the XS WCG thread Today's Numbers: Get 'Em While They're Hot! will depict added information in regards to our XS WCG goal progression and standings.

All other participating teams are urged to set similar monthly goals for themselves and their members specific to their resources and capabilities to maximize their output in memory of this true giant of a man. All event partaking individuals can also use the Set Your Credit Target and Set Your Date Target menu options located on their personal BOINC Stats page to delineate their very own tailor made goal for this event.
    [/size]
    So, If you are new to BOINC and WCG and wondering how to join us for this event go to: How To: Install BOINC and Join World Community Grid. (Started by Snow Crash & posted by VietOZ)

If you wish to comment on this event or post remembrance testimonies to honor Movieman post in this thread.

Notes:

1- Some of you have requested the option to switch some of your crunching hardware over to Movieman WCG account during this event. At your discretion here is Movieman current WAK: 260577_4af837836564bc361fcd38fa6a5f090e

2- An advertising signature label is available for this event:

See Note # 2 in first post at this URL: https://xtremesystemsteam.org/index.php/topic,239.msg325.html#msg325

3- See this thread for WCG 12th Anniversary Challenge information: https://xtremesystemsteam.org/index....ic,4947.0.html

4- See this thread for information about the 2016 THOR CHALLENGE by CRUNCHERS SANS FRONTIERES : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ANS-FRONTIERES

Credits & Acknowledgements

My sincere thanks to all the contributors to this post:

Old Chap, Stoneageman, Snow Crash, ReKcOINu, DA, Oj, VietOZ, Fugger, StyM, Captain BlaZzed, Benoit and Susan
    Last edited by jeanguy2; 10-28-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    XS needs all hands on deck for this event.

get your crunchers up and ready to go.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme Cruncher
    2 more days to get ready.

XS has the title spot to defend in the 12th WCG challenge and a good chance at winning the THOR challenge also.

Xtreme Member
    I haven't been here for a while. But for this challenge I have overclocked the one cruncher that I have running normally.
    And added 16 cores to Dave's account.

i'll be joining this for sure

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks for the help, every core counts.

100% Load 24/7
    Have been away from XS for quite a while, but saw this and wanted to contribute. Added a E5 2683v3 for the cause.
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

welcome back, every core counts...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    UPDATE: On our XS WCG 2016 BOINC Point Goal - Status Report

Using SaM's "The Daily Numbers" posted at 06:xx AM daily (GMT); I tabulate the following:

2016 BOINC Point Goal: 52,500,000
    2016 Accumulated BOINC Points (as of 8 Nov 2016): 16,245,796
    Daily BOINC Points Average: 1,805,088

If we maintain our present daily BOINC Point production; we're on track to accumulate just short of 56 million BOINC points.

In Summary we're on track to slightly exceed our 2016 BOINC Point Goal of 52,500,000 BONC points as long as OC does not knock out the entire UK Power Grid with all the blades he's brought on line.

Great work Xtremers... You definitely got MM grinning....

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm in. laptop.
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

I don't have much, just running what I have, which is the same that I've had... But what I have, is going full steam cap'n!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Using SaM's "The Daily Numbers" posted at 06:xx AM daily (GMT); I tabulate the following:

2016 BOINC Point Goal: 52,500,000
    2016 Accumulated BOINC Points (as of 30 Nov 2016): 61.2 Million BOINC Points

Xtremers & guests, you significantly exceeded our 2016 BOINC Point Goal of 52,500,000 BOINC points by producing a total of 61.2 million points. You hence produced a 75% monthly BOINC Point production increase vice the planned 50%

Excellent work Xtremers... You definitely got MM grinning.... & dancing