Thread: [News] AMD CEO Lisa Su reconfirms ZEN release in Q1 2017

[News] AMD CEO Lisa Su reconfirms ZEN release in Q1 2017

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd...n-q1-2017.html

In the Q3 2016 earnings call AMD CEO Lisa Su reconfirms that ZEN based processors are on track to be released in Q1 2017. She makes mention of the 8-core Summit Ridge processors.

Su mentions that the copmpany should see "higher than seasonal sales" in the first quarter of 2017. She also mentions to expect that the processors will be able to compete with Intel's Core i5 and Core i7 processors.
    Chris Hemmelgarn of Barclays :
    ?With Summit Ridge launching in Q1 of 2017, I guess how would you expect the channel to ramp that? Do you see it ramping pretty fully in the first couple of quarters of the year, or are you looking for more normal PC seasonality??

President & CEO Dr. Lisa Su :
    ?You know, I would expect that there will be a relatively good initial demand for Summit Ridge that may be you know, not quite at the seasonal patterns. From where we see, Summit Ridge is playing in a space in the high-end desktop that we currently aren?t offering a product. So we believe we?ll be competitive certainly with Core I5 as well as Core I7 and we will be launching in those areas.?

I am Xtreme
    Too bad they will miss the Christmas sales...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Too bad they will miss the Christmas sales...
    I don't know that Christmas is really that big of a deal for vendors anymore. It seems that a few years ago people switched to doing their shopping on Black Friday, and this past year it became an Oprah style EVERY NOVEMBER DAY GETS A SALE!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Mentor
    and no good reason for upgrading a cpu equal or better than 2600k for most of us.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    and no good reason for upgrading a cpu equal or better than 2600k for most of us.
    I wouldn't mind swapping back to an AMD. I'm still running a i7 965 and may be looking into an upgrade...
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Still need to replace my other AMD 955 rig back in 2011, if this is good and can compete against Intel's current i7 offerings, this will be a huge comeback for AMD.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Guru
    I don't even think it necessarily has to be a winner in the enthusiast section for AMD to profit. The big money for them is getting OEMs to put it into corporate desktops and servers, which are both bought in high volume and typically care more about power efficiency than raw performance.

I'd love to (finally) upgrade my 2500k, but I'd be content with simply having intel drop the prices on the Broadwell Extreme lineup.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    I don't even think it necessarily has to be a winner in the enthusiast section for AMD to profit. The big money for them is getting OEMs to put it into corporate desktops and servers, which are both bought in high volume and typically care more about power efficiency than raw performance.

I'd love to (finally) upgrade my 2500k, but I'd be content with simply having intel drop the prices on the Broadwell Extreme lineup.
    I have 6 core haswell, and was looking forward to broadwell 8 core as a drop in replacement, but what intel did to the prices just made me angry.If 8 core zen is going to be comparable to a 8 core haswell E , count me in, i will sell my stuff and buy AMD stuff for probably same price and a big FU to intel. Thing is, zen must be clocking around the same (4.0-4.5ghz after oc) , if they will have problems with higher clocks, the 8 core thing isnt going to help very much.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Addict
    I've been thinking of replacing my still more than adequate 2500K for an Intel Xeon in the near future, does AMD have anything similar ??
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I've been thinking of replacing my still more than adequate 2500K for an Intel Xeon in the near future, does AMD have anything similar ??
    Zen would be their competitive offering.

.....}

Regards, Hans