Thread: [News] Samsung Halts Selling Note 7 For Now

[News] Samsung Halts Selling Note 7 For Now

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/sam...7-for-now.html

Samsung stopped selling and fabbing the Note 7 temporary until they have fixed all the battery issues. Currently there are seven reports on batteries that caught fire, and these are the newly exchanged models with updated battery.

SEOUL, Oct. 10 (Yonhap) -- Samsung Electronics Co. has temporarily suspended production of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, an official at a supplier for Samsung said Monday, amid a series of media reports that some Note 7 replacements have caught fire.

The halt is in cooperation with consumer safety regulators from South Korea, the United States and China, the official said on the condition of anonymity.

"This measure includes a Samsung plant in Vietnam that is responsible for global shipments (of the Galaxy Note 7)," the official said.

Samsung started selling the Note 7 in South Korea on Aug. 19 but announced a global recall of 2.5 million units earlier last month following reports of some of the devices catching fire while being charged. Samsung has encouraged owners of the Note 7 to swap their devices with new ones, but media reports said some new Note 7s in the U.S. and Taiwan have also caught fire.

Xtreme Mentor
    a little too late...

while i am loyal note user because of pen i can't deny that i am a little happy seeing this. every move every change they make is to get more money from customers. nearly every new idea borns from the one single question: "how can we charger more?"

i am not against the idea that companies wants to make as much as profit as they can but when this becomes more important than releasing a proper product, they deserve what they get.

change shape and capacity of the batteries in every model of note phones just to make sure after sometime customers can't find replacement batteries for their phones and buy new ones. is it enough? noooo we should make phones with none replaceable batteries.

not just samsung but apple but others from mobile and all the other sectors are doing this. you know the computer game market. mafia 3 released with 30fps cap on pc!!!!!????? are you kidding me? same mistake over and over again. game releases with a fps limiter. pc users protests and game company fixes this!!!! in mafia example they fixed this less then a week. why release it with a problem that you knew everybody will protest??? on every game review this will be complained???

this is not going well...

maybe it is us... we can't give the reaction that they will shake...
    Last edited by kromosto; 10-10-2016 at 01:18 AM.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.