Thread: Sandberg Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium

Introduction

High-end PC gaming involves a variety of peripherals, including a mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, and hopefully a controller. That's in addition to your fancy computer or tablet that probably cost a million dollars (or maybe less). If you have any money left over after all that, you should probably get a quality gaming mousepad too.You probably don't give much thought to a mouse pad, but a well designed one can really make a huge difference in the way you interact with your computer.One of the latest products from Sandberg is the Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium.I don't know how many of you use aluminum mouse pads, but this is the first one I've ever tried out. Unlike your typical rubber mouse pad, these are rigid.

Packaging & Contents

The box of Sandberg Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium is made from thick cardboard and has a branded color. By overviewing its surface, we can imagine the shape of pad.

On the backside, there is a detailed description of the main features in different languages.

The box can be unopened as a classic envelope.Unpacked, the pad is wrapped in a bubble wrap sleeve for protection against scratches.

Closer Examination

The pad itself measures 32cm wide by 27cm high.The Sandberg Gamer Mousepad is made out of a nice feeling aluminium, and the surface of the mat is a matte texture.The surface is a smooth texture. Not perfectly smooth aluminum, but enough to feel smooth to the touch. Comparable to a smooth, marble counter top. It almost has a glittery appearance.

The pad is very thin(2.5 mm), which i really like. Having a thick piece of metal under your mouse sucks.In addition to the rounded corners, the edges are slanted and polished to a mirror-like reflective trim. This lends a stylish appearance. All edges are smooth, and no razor edges are present, so there is no way to cut yourself.

There is a corporate logo in the bottom-left corner.Other than that, there are no other advertisements or logo markings. This results in a clean, minimalist appearance.By getting yourself one of these Aluminum Mouse Pads by Sandberg, you'll be welcoming a sleek and modern design to your workspace.

The entire underside of the mouse pad is fixed with a single, large slab of textured rubber, so there is no danger of this pad sliding around on a desk.

The pad stays in place well, unlike other pads that have small rubber feet only at the corners.

Performance

The mousepad is amazing for all games because it allows me to slide across the pad with ease and very quickly/smoothly.The glide is smoother than textured mats, it slides across effortlessly without the friction you get from the textured mats.The Sandberg Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium works great with any mouse as I have tried several and it does not at all eat your mouse feet up like other hard mats. its just super smooth but not too smooth that you will over throw and miss a shot.The mousepad has a very nice friction to it, that you dont feel while moving the mouse around, but you do feel it when you stop the mouse on a spot, which provides very good feedback that the mouse has stopped, and it stops DEAD ON. If you want to stop the mouse, it will stop exactly where you want it to. No excess glide that may throw you off target.Its just perfection and made very very well. I highly recommend this mat if you are serious about gaming and accuracy even in graphics and photoshop.Its stays forever cool to the touch. May be too cold for some in very cold winter weather.Personally I like that. My PC is a Space Heater in the summer...

The Sandberg Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium itself stays suprisingly clean, and is not a major dust object. The pad does not attract moisture at all from what i have seen, a little water on it or anything will do nothing but wipe clean off. The Sandberg Gamer Mousepad Hard Aluminium is MUCH MUCH MUCH more durable than any plastic pad.Just a couple things to point out, you should probably keep your mouse feet clean and wipe the mousepad off once in awhile, it'll help with performance and durability of both your pad and mouse. If you have sweaty palms you'll definitely see it, just keep a microfiber towel around or something. This problem happens with all pads but it shows more on the matte finish.

Conclusion

The Sandberg aluminum mouse pad is built to be tough enough for the hardest of battles!It is is a great mouse pad for gaming and productivity. On the flip-side of the mat, there is a rubber side to stop it from sliding, which works great on every surface I've tried it on.Period. The pad is so stable and keeps your mouse in place with no wobble or wiggle, and is dead accurate and stops right on peoples heads.The pad performs beautifully with both laser and optical mice.Because it's made of aluminum, it looks super sleek on your setup. It has a nice shine to it. Another plus is the fact that it doesn't absorb liquid like any other mouse pad would.

This is a solid mouse that feels so natural I forgot it was even there the majority of the time.Tracking is 100% responsive, and I have never encountered "dead mouse time" when moving the mouse.It's a slab of metal, so it cannot break!I think the Sandberg aluminum mouse pad is a decent buy, but I think it might be a little pricey ($36.99) considering it's just a mouse pad. Although if you consider that this mouse pad will last you a while, never fray, show discolorations, and add a clean, sharp look to your battle station, I recommend it.So to all you people who are using book covers, notebooks, pads of paper, worn down rubber/cloth mouse pads, or no mouse pad at all: look into this one, I think it's worth the buy.

Last edited by testman78; 10-02-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Xtreme Member
    You made a great point about not adsorbing liquids. I can't tell you how many times I've spilled coffee on mine. Soaks it up like a sponge. I'll definitely check to see if this is available in my area.

Thanks for the review!
    say it ain't so Joe............SEO Services SEO Business