Thread: [News] Mad Catz at Risk of Being Delisted from the NYSE

[News] Mad Catz at Risk of Being Delisted from the NYSE

https://www.techpowerup.com/230226/m...-from-the-nyse

Gaming peripherals maker Mad Catz is an NYSE-listed company as Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: MCZ), a status it brandishes in most of its press-releases. All is not well for the company, as it runs the risk of being delisted on account of low selling share price. The stock exchange recently served the company with a notice that unless it improves its share price over the next six months, it faces delisting.

The MCZ stock is currently selling at a little over 0.15 a share. The company has been bleeding money, with underwhelming sales, a $11 million loss on its decision to co-publish "Rock Band 4" with Harmonix, and laying off 37 percent of its workforce. The company also recently sold off its subsidiary Saitek, which specializes with flight and motorsport simulator peripherals, to market leader Logitech. Mad Catz, on its part, is looking to raise stock price by performing a "reverse stock split," in an attempt to consolidate (lower) the number of shares, and raise share price, to stay listed.

Xtreme Mentor
    In the last few years manufacturing improved to the point where quality is EXPECTED.

Mad Catz generally made cheap, tacky products... it's hard to overcome a reputation for unreliable garbage when everyone's standards are raising so high.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by xlink View Post
    In the last few years manufacturing improved to the point where quality is EXPECTED.

Mad Catz generally made cheap, tacky products... it's hard to overcome a reputation for unreliable garbage when everyone's standards are raising so high.
    I have to agree. Corsair in particular made everyone raise the bar when it came to the aesthetics of their products; Mad Catz just didn't adapt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Member
    I do agree that Mad Catz made a bunch of sub par console & USB controllers. To be honest, I have never had any issues with any of their subsidiaries (Saitek) products. I did have my scroll wheel mouse button 3 die on my Corsair Vengeance mouse, and have not been keen about their PSU's since Seasonic stopped making them.

Eclipse keyboard? 12+ years of arduous service and still kicking. My friends as well.