http://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/01/...ission-option/

On Tuesday, Ford announced its 2018 Mustang, a refresh from the previous generation that debuted in 2015. Although Ford couldn?t share important details like fuel economy and price, the Mustang refresh seems like a thoughtful one. It has driver assist technology, a more aerodynamic design, and performance upgrades for both the 2.3L EcoBoost four-cylinder engine, as well as its 5.0L V8 engine on the GT.
Ars spoke to Corey Holter, Ford?s Marketing Manager for Car and Cross Vehicle Marketing, about the updates to the car. He emphasized that the EcoBoost has been successful in bringing new customers into Ford?s mix, especially millennials, people of color, and women.
Before we saw the car, a spokesperson for Ford told us that the redesign of the interior and exterior of the 2018 Mustang would attract new female buyers, which admittedly put us on our guard. As a tech publication, we're all too familiar with the old ?pink washing? gambit used so often by phone companies?that market a product to women by slashing its specs and pandering to a perceived ?female? aesthetic.

Luckily, that doesn?t seem to be the case here. The front end of the new Mustang is lowered from the previous design, and the grille is a bit wider. The press materials describe the car as "athletic." And, honestly, the new Mustang will probably appeal to both men and women. When I asked Holter what Ford did specifically to appeal to women (because honestly I couldn?t find what was supposed to appeal to me specifically and not to a man), he said there was nothing specific besides the women Ford has on its design team who ?wanted to make sure [the car] had an appeal to everyone.?