Thread: Need help selecting a new SSD

Xtreme Member

Need help selecting a new SSD

Both my Micron C400 SSD HD's are toast. I can format them due to lack of available drivers from Crucial. Appearnetly of you have to format the SSD it goes into the trash and you have to buy a new one. I was looking at a 1 TB C300 drive from Crucial and I had a live chat session with one of their techs and in a round about way said drivers are not available even if you buy a new SSD from them.

I need a fast large capacity SSD for my CAD workstation. Can anyone recommend a high performance SSD HD that you can get drivers for if they are needed in th future?

Crucial wants to sell you a new HD and the way they do it is by not supporting the one they sold you. Not cool!

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a high performance SSD HD that you can get drivers for if they are needed in th future?
    - drivers ? you mean device drivers ? is the OS SSD driver not enough ?

have a crucial and samsung ssd, never had any issue with MS SSD driver.

C300 ? that's like 2010, why not go for the latest SSD drives ?

Xtreme Member
    Yea, the C300 is a few years old.

i'm looking at the Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB drive. It appears to come with an installaion CD (Crucial SSD doesn't come with any installation CD).

My Micron SSD was infected with a virus that cant be removed and I need a new SSD and I want to make sure I get a HD with device drivers just in case i have to reformat it in the future.

what OS are you using ?

i dont get why you need a driver, they work on ahci so you dont need device drivers and they would not offer them as they are not generic storage device. anyways, i would go micron (crucial/plextor) or samsung, i hate sadforce drives.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi