Thread: Can I save the settings from an old Linksys AC1900 router to a new one

Xtreme Enthusiast

Can I save the settings from an old Linksys AC1900 router to a new one

My friend seems to be having problems with his internet. When the isp came to check it out they said his router had gone bad. They couldn't get it going and blamed it on the router. I went over there and got it to work but his internet seems really slow. The isp is not a very good one so we both think it is on their side. It is a Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router (EA6900). Well, we have since ordered a new one to replace the other one, (which is only 2 months old) to see if it is really the router or not. If it is, then the new router should do the trick and his internet will work fine again. Then we will contact Linksys and get a replacement for the faulty one. If the router is not the problem and it works fine that is not a problem either because my friend runs a business and can't afford to be without internet for even a short period of time so having a backup router is what he wants anyway. They both just need to have the same settings on them. He does have other things to help with the internet but those things are not good for long term.

If anyone is familiar with the Linksys AC1900 and how you adjust the settings, is there a way to copy the settings from the old one and put the same settings to the new one so we don't have to go through the hassle of setting it all up?
    2-VIOTEK FI24D V2 24-Inch QHD Gaming Monitor with IPS Technology, ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING AM4 AMD B550, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DRAM DDR4 3200, MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
    AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz, Asus BW-12B1ST Internal Blu-ray Writer SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5" 256GB SATA III , HITACHI Deskstar 2TB, 2 - Western Digital Black -2 TB HDD
    Super Flower Leadex III 650W 80+ Gold, AMD AM4 Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler Fan, Windows 10 Professional Retail, Fractal Design R4 case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe this link can help you.