Thread: [News] 5G will be a worldwide game changer

[News] 5G will be a worldwide game changer

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/mobile/...e-game-changer

The maker of chips, Qualcomm, has issued a new report which identifies 5G as a significant technology worldwide game changer.

Its new report, ?The 5G Economy? looks at the potential economic and social impact of 5G around the world. The study was conducted jointly by research firms IHS Markit, PSB and leading economist Haas School of Business?s, and principal executive officer of the Berkeley Research Group (BRG). Professor David Teece. The 5G Economy includes an economic impact study and opinion research about the expectations for 5G among business and technology leaders carried out by PSB.

The combined findings of the study show how 5G will profoundly affect the global economy and that business decision makers in technology and other industries overwhelmingly believe in the transformational nature of 5G.

Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf said that the researchers confirmed the company's strong belief that 5G will be a fundamental game changer.

?We have been hard at work helping create some of the key technologies and applications that will make 5G a reality, pushing the boundaries of LTE, collaborating with industry leaders, and spearheading the critical research behind the next-generation global wireless standard.?

The study indicates that 5G will catapult mobile into the exclusive realm of General Purpose Technologies, like electricity and the automobile, that provide the foundation for massive innovation, gives rise to new industries and benefit entire economies.

This will happen as 5G advances mobile from a set of technologies connecting people to people and information to a unified fabric connecting people to everything.

Dr. Teece said he had spent many years studying the impact of general purposes technologies, and it?s clear that 5G will propel mobile into that category, assuring the technology?s long-term impact on society and continued growth for decades.

According to the study, in 2035, when 5G?s full economic benefit should be realized across the globe, a broad range of industries ? from retail to education, transportation to entertainment, and everything in between ? could produce up to $12.3 trillion worth of goods and services enabled by 5G.

The 5G value chain will generate up to $3.5 trillion in revenue in 2035, supporting as many as 22 million jobs. Over time, 5G will boost real global GDP growth by $3 trillion dollars cumulatively from 2020 to 2035, roughly the equivalent of adding an economy the size of India to the world in today?s dollars.

Complementing the economic study, polling research done by PSB confirms that business decision makers and opinion leaders around the globe expect 5G to bring widespread benefits for society and the economy overall, enabling new products and services, increasing productivity and allowing for new industries to emerge. Over 90 percent of the more than 3,500 respondents agreed that 5G will enable new products, services and use cases that have not been invented yet.

Xtreme Addict
    5G? I'd say that in vast (wealthy too) areas of the UK you either get no 3G/H or in fact no signal at all.

We don't need 5G, we need coverage. I'm sure it's much the same in a lot of countries.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Addict
    Only problem is the population will grow 1,281,809,556 to 8,766,135,032
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Xtreme Mentor
    every G is a new hope for humanity.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    What a load of carefully worded BS.

What a revolution!
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero