Thread: help with my single stage

help with my single stage

Hello everyone, well I'd like to help me with some problems I've had with my long single stage. The problem is that when I first started using it arrived without problems at temperatures around -55 or -50 ? C without problem, but after 2 years or so, suddenly began to fade after reaching -20 where I delivered a message " PC Power not found Shutting down in 5, 4, 3 ... ". Sometimes after being trying several times I have gotten it to work after that message, but rarely turns out that way. I wonder if they know the problem that can be associated with this and how I can fix. Thank you very much in advance.

regards

- Intel Core I7 6700K / Intel Core I7 5960X
    - ASRock Z170 OC Formula / GIGABYTE X99-SOC CHAMPION
    - G.Skill TridentZ-Z 2x8GB 3200MHz / G.Skill Ripjaws 4 4x4GB 3000MHz
    - Many VGAs
    - Seasonic X-1250

Vapochill?

You have the 12V molex connected to PSU power? Tried a different plug?
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Vapochill?

You have the 12V molex connected to PSU power? Tried a different plug?
    It is connected to another plug

- Many VGAs
    - Seasonic X-1250

- Many VGAs
    - Seasonic X-1250

Xtreme Member
    It has been a long time since I used to post so my memory is rusty but adding to what Fugger already said I seem to remember you can run a molex connector to the the vapochills' molex connector from one you know works properly or another PSU and trick it into running consistently. I can't remember exactly and I don't know if it's the 12v or 5v leg that does it. But if you know for sure you're getting the proper voltage and it still throws the error it may be an undercharge error from a leak in the system. I am not sure if they have an electronic pressure switch to determine this condition or not. Just something to consider.

I was reviewing and I have not found leak in the system, so that factor rule it out, now voltage I'm reviewing, previously the system had an auxiliary power connector, which was replaced, since during operation the fuse ended burning repeatedly. On this subject, that places the single stage should see in more detail, I have no knowledge about this so I would greatly appreciate your help if they need help to give me photographs that can cause this. Beforehand thank you very much.

- Many VGAs
    - Seasonic X-1250

Xtreme Member
    Since the fuse kept blowing could it be that the new auxiliary connector was supposed to be run off the 5 volt leg and not the 12 volt leg, and it was wired in backwards? I am not sure about the wiring of this unit.

Hi. I don't know vapos, but I work on supermarket HVAC and their crazy computers so here we go.

Sounds like when you replaced the plug something isn't in there right. Or, the fuse blowing was telling you that you've had a failure in the unit that is causing power to reach a ground. Possibly whatever method of proving the unit uses to prove the PC is powered up (relay, mosfett, etc) has failed. Basically, you need to find a way to get the board to think its powered up. Might be a soldering iron thing.

Or skip that all together because I don't know why we need a board to run a compressor when a toggle switch and a temp readout is all you need to run a unit.

In service industry, if someone last worked on it, start there.

But onto the temp gradually getting warmer. You DO have a leak or your condenser is plugged? It only takes a little bit in a system with a few ounces or less and it will happen most often during mounting/assembling the system. What leak check method are you using? Infrared/Bubbles? Are you charging liquid only if its 404/507? No unit is going to magically start to get warmer. The sensor is faulty or you are losing gas/bad contact with CPU. etc
    Last edited by landslide84; 09-03-2016 at 05:07 PM.