Thread: [News] Galaxy Note 7 recall reportedly in the works [Update: Official Recall]

[News] Galaxy Note 7 recall reportedly in the works [Update: Official Recall]

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09...oding-battery/

First, there were reports that several Galaxy Note 7 units had exploded while charging. Then we learned Samsung had suspended shipments in Korea while it investigated the issue, and now a new report claims the company could be forced to announce a full-blown recall.

The latest update comes from Yonhap News, which also broke the news that Samsung had paused the Galaxy Note 7 release earlier this week. An anonymous company official revealed that Samsung is already in talks with Verizon and other launch partners about a potential recall, and noted the issue might only affect a tiny percentage of smartphone units.

?Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold,? the source said. ?The problem can be simply resolved by changing the battery, but we?ll come up with convincing measures for our consumers.?

Samsung is still investigating the issue, but it?s expected to make an official statement either this weekend or early next week. A recall is likely, according to Yonhap, though it?s unclear exactly how that would work or how it might affect the company?s credibility moving forward.

?The most important thing is the safety of our customers and we don?t want to disappoint our loyal customers,? the source told Yonhap.

We?ve reached out to Samsung for comment and we?ll update this post if we learn anything new. However, it sounds like we won?t have a definitive answer until this weekend at the soonest. Stay tuned.

Did Sony make those cells?

(I wonder who will remember this from years back)
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    I love mine..

Funny though..My new computer I build died after a week, 2 motherboards and a cpu with the first and then my new phone got recalled.

AWESOME KARMA WEEK
    Iron Lung 3.0 | Intel Core i7 6800k @ 4ghz | 32gb G.SKILL RIPJAW V DDR4-3200 @16-16-16-36 | ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING + ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX GAMING | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB + Samsung 840 EVO + 4TB HDD | 55" Samsung KS8000 + 30" Dell u3011 via Displayport - @ 6400x2160

Xtreme Addict
    At least my i9500 has a removable battery.
    Though oddly enough, it took a dump a bit ago sometime last month.
    It still works, just swollen up.
    I planned on ordering a new one this month, only to find out there's supposedly a bunch of fakes being sold on ebay.

Newegg I don't trust for small things anymore.
    They keep ripping me off on stuff $50 and under, not always but to often, last time they straight up screwed me...

I wish they would of added 4k capture on mine, I don't have a prob oc'ing the phone, they are cheap these days, comparing well enough with security setups.
    And there is no 4k security/trail cam's anywhere...
    The chinese gopro clones seem like a viable option too...

I'm going way off topic :\.
    Phone tech slowed right down I think, they up'ed to a 1440p screen, and a slightly faster chip, other then juggling cam sensors around lol, they haven't changed much, just they don't let you remove the battery anymore for some reason.

Anyways there was a recall on the s4 as well, like mine, just I have no place to send it too lol.
    So..., say if I had a s7 note, I would be screwed I think on this recall...
    Being there isn't anywhere to return it to lol, local service center..., what local service center...?
    Mine is from Trinidad/Tobago Spain too...