Thread: [News] Washington state suing Comcast for $100 million over near-worthless service

[News] Washington state suing Comcast for $100 million over near-worthless service

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/gener...hless-service/

Comcast has found itself on the wrong end of a $100 million lawsuit, with the state of Washington suing the provider, claiming that it illegally deceived customers with a ?near-worthless protection plan? and received $73 million over five years for it.

According to the lawsuit, Comcast failed to disclose the many areas that its protection plan did not cover. On top of that, according to a state attorney on the case, the plan is also said to have not including coverage for in-wall wiring issues, despite Comcast claiming that wiring was covered under its plan.
    Elsewhere, the lawsuit also claims that Comcast charged customers for calls to customer service after saying it wouldn?t. Improper credit checks also allegedly had the knock-on effect of harming the credit score of 6000 customers.

As The Verge reports, right now Comcast is denying these accusations, claiming that its protection plan covered 99 percent of Washington customer repair calls. Comcast has also made some changes to its disclosure policy in recent months in response to Washington?s investigation into its service. However, these changes were not enough to fend off the lawsuit.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think it was WA where some guy asked if they could put in a line to his new home before he bought it, because he needed fast internet. Once he buys the house they make up some BS about not being able to do it.............
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Guru
    I just drove my minivan across the country and left it in wa state. sorry. off topic.

Xtreme Addict
    What................a huge telco/ISP telling porkies ??, never happened
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's