Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Various] Titan X Benchmarks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyone else expecting Nvidia to release a Titan X+ TI MEGA card with the 2 disabled processor SMs enabled and HBM2?
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Is the Titan X they've currently got even memory-starved? If not, then what difference could HBM2 possibly make?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Is the Titan X they've currently got even memory-starved? If not, then what difference could HBM2 possibly make?
    Another ~30w to throw at the GPU...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Guru
    I don't think power limits are the concern right now. More so heat output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    Cmon they just release "newborns" and WE are loud, not enugh new and fixing performance Drivers

Why do both NVIDIA and AMD insist on creating the stock cooler that is loud and runs hot on load is beyond me, not allowing their AIB's to create a custom cooler at launch is just stupid, or at least create a decent cooler if your going to charge a premium price for such a product.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    I don't think power limits are the concern right now. More so heat output.
    Where do you think the heat comes from???
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Where do you think the heat comes from???
    RAM temps aren't the concern. Come on now, I get this is the internet, but let's try to keep the trolling to a minimum

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    RAM temps aren't the concern. Come on now, I get this is the internet, but let's try to keep the trolling to a minimum
    I wasn't talking about RAM temps...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
    Why do both NVIDIA and AMD insist on creating the stock cooler that is loud and runs hot on load is beyond me, not allowing their AIB's to create a custom cooler at launch is just stupid, or at least create a decent cooler if your going to charge a premium price for such a product.
    Say what now? I thought this was pretty decent, the GTX 970 is about the same amount of fan noise, but look at the performance you're getting. Roughly same fan speeds as 1080?
    Temperatures are pretty normal as well at 84c. What's the big deal? We've had these type of figures for years.

Guess some people will always complain, even at such an awesome card. I must say I'm a bit confused. At idle these things are barely audible, I assume most people will use these for gaming, hence you'll have your speakers on or headphones on? I can remember saying 10 years ago, what's the big deal anyway.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Guess some people will always complain, even at such an awesome card. I must say I'm a bit confused. At idle these things are barely audible, I assume most people will use these for gaming, hence you'll have your speakers on or headphones on? I can remember saying 10 years ago, what's the big deal anyway.
    The funny thing is most of the people doing the complaining never had any intention of buying the card anyways. My guess the reason the coolers are cheap is because Nvidia knows most Titan users have the money for watercooling (or fit the mold of too much money to care).

.....}

Regards, Hans

I am Xtreme
    I don't think the cooler is cheap at all. Is there a better blower-style cooler?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    I'm willing to bet the old GTX 480 coolers with the billion heatpipes had a better cooling capacity - but that was a necessity to prevent the card from catching on fire

.....}

Regards, Hans

I am Xtreme
    I'm willing to bet the old GTX 480 coolers with the billion heatpipes had a better cooling capacity - but that was a necessity to prevent the card from catching on fire
    Just like Titan XP, GTX 580 incorporated a vapor chamber into its design (replacing GTX 480's heatpipes), which proved to be a superior solution.
    Last edited by zalbard; 08-08-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    Where does that article ever show the cooler was better? The GTX 580 might have been quieter, but that does not mean it had a higher cooling capacity - the 480 was a monstrosity that ran abnormally hot.

.....}

Regards, Hans

I am Xtreme
    Where does that article ever show the cooler was better? The GTX 580 might have been quieter, but that does not mean it had a higher cooling capacity - the 480 was a monstrosity that ran abnormally hot.
    The decrease of the power consumption (-> thermal output) is considerably smaller than the combined corresponding decrease of the load temperature and the noise level.
    Donate to XS forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12