Introduction

When people go camping, hiking or sightseeing, they usually get anxious about the preparation. Presumably they always doubt they might have missed something for their cellphone.Because people always can't help playing cellphones on the way. And the batteries acutally can't afford such a habit. Fortunately there comes a new invention, the almighty mobile power bank. However, what if the mobile power bank is carelessly forgotten to be charged well beforehand? More fortunately there comes a newer invention, the more almighty solar mobile power bank charger.Sandberg Solar Power Bank XL is a portable battery which is charged via a USB port or the built-in solar cells. It can then transfer the power to a mobile phone, tablet or other mobile device.

Specifications:

Unboxing

The packaging may seem fairly serious, but you do get a brief summary of panel's capabilities on the front cover.

A few words about the Solar Power Bank XL are present at the rear in 24 different languagesm

The image below show what you will find under the flap of the box.

Along with the panel you will also get a manual and a 1m mini USB cable.

A Closer Look

Made of eco-friendly silicone rubber and ABS + PC material, it's compact and lightweight, very comfortable to hold. You can press the button to check the quantity of electricity the charger already contains.

It is partially waterproof.The entire thing basically looks like an monitor or TV.

Build-in full 5000mAh lithium polymer battery.

The front side also has 4 LED charge indicator buttons. Each LED indicates that the charger?s battery is 25% full.
1st LED(from left) is lit-25% full,
1st, 2nd LEDs are lit- 50% full
1st, 2nd, 3rd LEDs are lit-75% full
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th LEDs are lit-100% full

It has one USB input and a Micro USB input as well, equipping it with the ability to charge multiple devices simultaneously.The ports are well protected by rubber caps, to further keep them away from water and safe to charge smartphones, tablets, or any other USB-charged devices.The Solar Power Bank of Sandberg has output at 2.1 Amps and input at 1 Amp.

In addition, the Solar Power Bank of Sandberg has a very useful stand.

Two very powerful LED lights(1kw) on the back serving as a lens.

Performance

The solar charging can charge the built-in battery to maximizing 5000mAh at least 5 hours for emergency when outside. There is hardly a better way to make sure you have power when you need it.The battery can be solar charged completely within 12 hours.

With a built-in 5000mAh Lithium polymer battery, the charger can get you to places for 2-3 days if it's used continuously to charge your smartphone.The battery can withstand a total of more than 1000 cycles of charging and recharging. Let me repeat that,Sandberg Solar Power Bank XL will take a total of 1000 recharging cycles before it quits working. Most of the battery packs and solar chargers do have maximum of 500 cycles before they collapse, so this one is kind of a deal.On the downside, a fully charged 5000mAh charger battery can only provide an effective 3000mAh energy. Which equates to around 60% battery charge holding capacity.The flashlight is one crazy addition to this charger. The flashlight can last for an extreme duration of around 2 weeks on one complete charge.

Final Thoughts

The solar panel is remarkably well built.The unit has a full size USB output port and Micro USB port if you want to charge it from an electric rather than solar source and it also features a on/off button.The panel covers most of the device?s front face, which makes a good use of maximizing the solar collectors.With its ability to use sunlight to charge itself, you won't need to worry about whether it was charged in advance. Where there is light, there is power. I like to put it on my dashboard when I am driving so that it can be charging up.The lower portion of the panel conceals charging indicator lights.With a capacity of 5000mAh,the Solar Power Bank XL is able to charge most smartphones about 1.5 times.You are able to keep your devices running all the time.A very nice feature is the built-in powerful LED lights. This could come in useful on camping trips, for example.

Overall, I love having a battery that will last me a LONG time and that I can top off with solar power when I get the chance.I definitely recommend this for anyone who thinks it might be helpful and for them to have an extra portable battery around.At $89 the Sandberg Solar Power Bank XL is a fantastic buy.Sandberg gives this product a 5 years-free product guarantee.This kind of product guarantee is a rare thing which no other manufacturer in this industry provides.