Introduction

Some people think a mouse mat's a pretty simple thing. Put your mouse on top of it and let it rip. That might seem so on the surface. But there's actually a lot of science, technology and craftsmanship that goes into making one that's great for gaming.It has been a month since Sandberg last put a new gaming surface on the market.This all new mouse mat is dubbed the Gamer Desk Pad XXXL.

Specifications:

Packaging

The Pad comes surprisingly rolled in a long box.Sandberg packed the Gamer Desk Pad XXXL in a black & Blue package typical of other EsportsEquipment products.

The packaging has a large window to give you a good view of the material used in the Gamer Desk Pad XXXL.It would be nice to see a small access hole to feel the material also.

At the rear there's a piece of paper inside the box which has a few words about the product in 24 languages placed right above the specifications.The Sandberg Gamer Desk Pad XXXL is well protected inside its box.

Design

It would arrived rolled up.The mouse pad had a bit of a rubber smell to it once I opened it, but the smell cleared up after a day.

It is ideal for those with huge desk space.It measures 450mm Height x 900mm Windth. The bumps from how it was folded in packaging are slowly going away, but I'm sure if you put some heavy books on it over night, it'll clear up....

There's a pleasant white Sandberg logo to give it a little zest, but other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Microscopic variances in the surface affect mouse tracking far more than its visible texture or color. The Sandberg Gamer Desk Pad XXXL uses a carefully-screened surface material.

The thickness is perfect, not too thin and not too fat.And it's made of natural rubber, so it doesn't have a harsh chemical odor.

As far as base material goes the Gamer Desk Pad XXXL brings nothing new to the market.

It has the same natural rubber base with the usual thread.

Testing

The Sandberg Gamer Desk Pad XXXL worked well across all genres I tried, and the embroidered edges always let me know when I was running up against the edge of the pad and had to reset my hand.First-person-shooter players can glide around the mat with ease,turn-based strategy players can move the mouse slowly and thoughtfully and gamers who consume multiple genres can transition back and forth at will.

It is designed for optical and laser mouse sensors.The microtexture surface helps you make consistent, precise shots.The extended mat provides a solid base for your mechanical keyboard to reduce noise, movement, and improve your overall typing experience.

Final Thoughts

For many computer users, gamers and casual enthusiasts alike, a mouse pad is the least important and last to be replaced item in their rig. The other side of this coin is a different story entirely. The avid gamer will know exactly how important it is to have the perfect surface under your hand as you track those corners to pick out an important headshot.The XXXL's cloth surface delivers excellent glide characteristics that allow you to execute fast swipes and pull off high-precision shots with confidence and consistency.The perfect size for the competitive gamer.Rubber bottom is great, wont move an inch.The XXXL mousepad series, is the ideal choice for the competitive FPS gamer / PC gamer providing huge room for your mouse,taking up all the space on your desk.Easy to clean as well, just use a lint roller and it's good as new.

For the price,it is an amazing investment.Others may scoff and laugh at you for ordering one so big, but they just don't understand how luxurious it is to not have an edge while using your mouse!With the giant pad,you are not limited to keeping your mouse and arm in a specific location. Instead of posturing your body to comfortably reach the mouse with a normal mouse pad,you can change your posture to use the mouse in any location on your desk!Overall the Sandberg Gamer Desk Pad XXXL is really a no brainer at a price of only $37 if you like hard mats with smooth surfaces.