Introduction

Mobile phones and Tablet PCs are commonly used gadgets nowadays and they have evolved from being big and bulky to sleek and smaller designs, but the downside of using smart devices is that they consume too much battery due to increased processing capabilities as they are not just used for listening to phone calls anymore.Along with the increased usage of modern smart phones a need has arisen to keep them charged at all times. So in order to allow people to charge mobiles on the go many manufacturers have introduced power banks. These power bank chargers have many useful specs that make them good rechargeable sources of portable power.Sandberg PowerBank 12000 mAh is one of the most useful power banks due to its capacity, physical size and the range of devices one can charge with it. This power bank charger is designed specially to make sure that tablet PC as well as other digital devices (mobile phones) never run out of power.It is portable and light weight which makes it quite easy for people to carry with them anywhere anytime.

Specifications:

Packaging & Contents

The Sandberg PowerBank 12.000 is packed inside a small clear plastic box that allows you to take a close look at the unit prior to purchasing it.

At the rear of the box we see a description of the product printed in many languages right above the contents and specifications lists.

The new Sandberg PowerBank 12000 comes with all essential parts.These include one Micro-Usb cable connector as well as user guide. User guide guides the user on all aspects of using power bank.

A Closer Look

This power bank portable charger weighs only 200 gr.The size and design of Sandberg PowerBank 12000 allows it to fit easily into the pocket of jeans.Ladies can keep it in their purse if they feel that device will be safer that way.This power bank charger is perfect for taking with you on a long flight or a long road trip.It is also ideal if you plan on going for camping in a hilly area for a couple of days.

The battery itself is covered with grey-white plastic.No gloss, no fingerprints, which is exactly how I like it.

The battery of Sandberg has huge capacity for its size. 12000mAh battery capacity of this portable device is truly huge if you compare it with other power banks having the same dimensions and weight. Li-polymer battery type of Sandberg makes the device efficient and user friendly.

On one end, you'll find three ports -- a micro-USB port for charging the battery, and a duo of USB ports.USB ports are very snug, thankfully.I can't stand poorly-constructed USB ports that wiggle room or let cables yank out too easily with the slightest nudge.The dual-USB outputs can charge two devices at one time.

Designed to be functional and efficient, the built-in bright LED flashlight comes to your rescue in an emergency situation by just pressing the side button twice.

Many security and protection features have been built into the design of Sandberg PowerBank 12000 to make sure that it does not harm the device or itself while charging.It provides protection against over current and overcharging.These two things are the worst that can happen to any device's health.Over charging reduces the battery life to a great extent.It also provides over discharge as well as short circuit protection.Short circuit protection protects the power bank against damage so that you don?t have to spend money over and over again.

Eye-catching LCD screen alerts you as to how much capacity you've got left.The indicator is one aspect of the Sandberg PowerBank 12000 external battery which is really fascinating.This feature allows you sufficient time to locate the power source for charging it.

Performance

Sandberg PowerBank 12000's basic pitch is that it?s capable of recharging anything from a full-sized tablet down to a pocket device, and the 12.000mAh capacity is certainly more up to the task than smaller rivals.The battery came fully charged out of the box which is a good indication that it can hold a charge for a long time.

I ran battery tests with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, with it's whopping 3100mAh battery.I used the smart port each time.The included chart doesn't list "phablets" so I felt the smart one was the best choice.I mixed up the charging with long and short sessions to see if it made any difference.Not only did the Sandberg PowerBank 12000 deliver on its promise of providing more total power, but it also surprised me with how consistent the output was.The first few tests showed that the Sandberg PowerBank 12000 provided exactly three full charges to my Galaxy Note 2.I thought it was a fluke, since small variations in percentages are expected.The next half-dozen tests all added up the same way.I'm sure I could continue on and eventually find margins of error, but I was already too impressed to care.Doing the math, three times a 3100mAh battery adds up to 9300mAh, which is 300mAh short of what it's supposed to be.Factor in 100mAh to keep the smartphone up and running during each of the complete recharges, and you've made it to that wonderful 80% useable of the 12000mAh total.

The 12000mAh capacity that the powerbank contains will allow you also to charge an iPhone 6 times from flat, an iPad 3 to 80% or an iPad 2 120%. This is incredible for a powerbank, and would be brilliantly useful to keep in your backpack to keep everything charged over a weekend away, for instance.

Conclusion

If you're still toting around cables and looking for outlets to charge your gear when you?re not in the house, you?re missing out on some serious freedom.Owning the Sandberg PowerBank 12000 is like having a portable wall outlet that is pocket- and bag-friendly.This PowerBank is an absolute blessing as I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week.This charges a Galaxy S4 5 times before discharging!The charger worked as described and seems to have adequate power storage to cope with an iPhone and iPad at the same time.Now it is important to discuss the price aspect of Sandberg PowerBank 12000.Many people choose one power bank over another just because it costs less which is not a wise thing to do.Quality of a PowerBank is just as important as price.Sandberg PowerBank 12000 costs round about $80 which is quite high when you consider that most of other power banks are priced at below $60.One could go with some unknown off-brand to save a few bucks, but why not stick with a brand that has been selling quality products for years?

I would recomend this battery pack for anyone. If you a person that is constantly on the go, then purchase this battery pack.It has excellent power,and you will be able to survive the work week on one charge.There are a lot of external battery solutions out there by a wide variety of manufacturers. For the most part, you can purchase any one of them and be content, knowing it'll charge what you have.However, not all battery packs are made the same.Sandberg proves itself as a leader among others with the refined design and greater efficiency of the PowerBank 12000.