Thread: Problem with Sapphire R9 290x - burned capacitor!

Exclamation Problem with Sapphire R9 290x - burned capacitor!

Hi guys! a few months ago I bought this beauty, and the past week the fan stop working... I open it and found this:

Its the "B200" capacitor. I sent a lot of emails to AMD, and Sapphire, and no one could help me. Awful support :P

Can any 290x owner measure and tell me the capacity and tension? I want to replace this capacitor to get it working again! And if any of you have some info of the tension regulator chip of the fan, will be good for me

The workarround i found was connect the fan to the cpu fan connector in the motherboard:

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english

Xtreme Legend
    Thats a bridge, not a capacitor.
    Bridge has resistance of zero ohms so you can replace it with similarily (physically) sized 0 ohm resistor.
    The component has not failed without a reason so you need to find out what caused the failure.

ok! thanks! i will replace it with other from another VGA.
    I think the failure was a short circuit (short cut, i dont know how to say that in english :P) with one of the cables of the fan, when I open the cooler, a cable was pressed between the pcb and the cooler. I dont know if another component was damaged too... i'll give a shot to replace that, and keep you updated.

Thanks!