Thread: Universal GPU Block Roundup (For Churchy ;))

Xtreme Enthusiast

Universal GPU Block Roundup (For Churchy ;))

Here it is - too tired to copy and paste and fix everything up - hope you don't mind the link:

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2014/11/18...block-roundup/
    Last edited by stren; 11-18-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    It's all for me! Big thanks for still doing hard and tiring testing work.
    I wonder when any of other major LC vendors but watercool will release their universal blocks with most of needed bits in. I can only hope that's not because of some patenting issues that may slow down innovation in this hobby.

Bits i expect from VGA universal blocks:
    1) Koolance's GPU-220 most universal mount
    2) Tall SLI waterbridge friendly blocks like Watercool's GPU-X3 or EK's Thermosphere & HF waterbridge ed.
    3) With universal LC mosfet cooling solution kit like Watercool's (+community supplied & vendor hosted templates for miscellaneous gpu pcb-s)

I remember seeing different versions for square and non square based mounthole placement .. (1.) seems adding universality without buying extra different mount adapters, that might be out of stock due block being old/discontinued when gpu upgrade arrives.
    (2.) in my eyes solves bit of "universal blocks looking less bling(ish)".
    Imho custom hybrid cooling plates like Swiftech's are worse way to go vs universal DIY customizable Micro-SW solution mentioned in (3.).

As for results .. i am really glad to see how well did Watercool's, as i like it most due being only most featureful one. And i'm not surprised about luckluster performance of Koolance's .. after all, GPU-220 is OLD. IIRC it was around CPU-350 .. very competitive CPU-380 came much later with lot of evolutionary improvements of few WB generations worth.
    Last edited by Church; 11-20-2014 at 09:33 AM.