Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenge: Scores Updated Hourly

Xtreme Legend
    Big bites and small bites ....each hour the difference is coming down.

Can we get it below 2mill by the end of the day ??

In a short while I shall be on 100% FAHV 128 threads.... 104 of those on Linux. I have other boards and cpu's but not ram and psu's so that is max from me now.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I have a feeling they shifted focus to clean energy while we moved to aids. Theirs need the wingman to complete too.......

It is possible they will claw some back on validation
    I was just looking at their forum, but couldn't find anything useful. I would be nice if we could see what they were doing.

Started up the 4P Opty 6180 Sever about 2 hrs ago. Should start to see good numbers on the board in the morning. Added a total of 104 cores today courtesy of your brothers at TechPowerUp!

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, Buck.

We can really use those extra cores.

Xtreme Legend
    Doing it in style Buck

...but watch your six in case they (Seti-G) aim at TPU for the project trophy

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanguy2 View Post
    If we compare total daily stats for yesterday and -2 days for XtremeSystems & SETI - Germany we find some interesting facts regarding our deficit reduction. It appears that a fair portion of our gain is due to a significat reduction in SETI-Gemany daily production. Our daily production difference beteen these 2 days is +54K points while SETI Germany shows a definitive decline in daily production of -426K points.

The 1+ million points differencial we see today is likely a combination of the above mentioned SETI-Germany reduced daily productivity and the extra cores brought in by XS members & new supporters.

Hang in there Xtremers & supporters... Your stamina & utter dedication are turning this competition around
    Say it in pictures

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Makes me wonder if a few of them are saving work for the last day/two days to finish with a bang.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    Makes me wonder if a few of them are saving work for the last day/two days to finish with a bang.
    Oh, how diabolical that would be.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Well, my old Q6600 puts out more work (about double for UGM1 on Linux) than the A6-3600 I've been running so I just switched the hardware back for the extra points. Half the RAM, and slower RAM at that, but overall a faster system. Don't have enough HDDs to run both.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Legend
    if you don't want to make any adjustments to config then fatdog64 runs in memory from a stick. The latest one 700b2 just needs a couple of additions then runs graphically. There is even a setup helper for network.

Links if you need them are

http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/iso/ I put this on a stick and my understanding is that once installed in mem the stick is not used.

wxwidgets-2.8.12-x86_64-1.txz and boinc-7.2.47-x86_64-1.txz from https://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Fatdog64_700 (download rt click install) I put these on another stick and installed from there

My playing with this version is not yet so far along as to know how to save the setup using a "save file" so if you switch off or lose power you need to start again.

more reading if you want at http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=96179

EDIT set up network before running boinc ...you'll find that in setup ()
    Last edited by OldChap; 11-22-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Linux those diseases
    Thanks DA. You reminded me I have a P35-DS3R board with a Q6600 which has a burnt up CPU power socket. Now repaired, running at 3300 & loading Lubuntu. Every little helps

Linux those diseases
    Deficit increasing, now -1,104,669

Xtreme Legend
    @all: yes... the challenge ends on Nov 25th, 23:59:59 UTC. My fault. Sorry for confusing!
    So the final score on our challenge sites will be available at 03:00 UTC on Nov 26th, after the midnight update on WCG is done.
    Just clarified.

Xtreme Legend
    On target for a mill more than yesterday

just -658,098 from top spot now

One or two of their players are showing lower scores so either saving or in pv I guess

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hello Xtremers & supporters,

The Team Captain of SETI.Germany left a post at our alternative XS WCG campsite to clarify the competition timings and point gathering process for the 10th Anniversary Challenge. Here is a the link to his post: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...fset,20#476164

Hi Xtremers....

For your information realting to the stats.
    The challenge includes all the points validated during the event time.
    So the points shown in our challenge are a result of a special hourly export, that is done by the WCG-techs for this event only.
    The export includes all the points a team has get granted in relation to the points of the last midnight update when a team joins the challenge.
    So our stats follows the same way, like the challenges are calculated on the grid.
    Because of the possibility of changing a team, the special export is not able to cover this at all. After a following midnight update (mostly at 2.35 in our stats) the output of the teams will be corrected automatically by the next hourly export. That is the reason, why our stats do not have the same daylie output value on the grid challenge site, because this is done on 2.35 (the next day). But the totals are safe!

At the end, with a final script, we are fetching the data of the last midnight export and bring it in relation to the first available midnight export of every team. With that data, we are sure, that all the points generated during the event, will be counted on our stats and will be shown the same points.

Hope this helps!

And of course: Thanks for participating in this event!
    It seems, that it will be a big final!!
    ----------------------------------------
    WCG-Team Captain of Team SETI.Germany

(official Partner of World Community Grid)

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneageman View Post
    Thanks DA. You reminded me I have a P35-DS3R board with a Q6600 which has a burnt up CPU power socket. Now repaired, running at 3300 & loading Lubuntu. Every little helps
    That was the problem mine had, or close enough. With mine it was the flimsy wiring in the adaptor I was using for that socket ... which I've roughly doubled in size. I've never had any luck overclocking it though so I don't bother. I work the "Xtreme-o-meter" from a different angle for these things, dragging in machines you just wouldn't expect to see crunching. Hell I've even got a free Cloud machine ticking along for this. Sucks having limited funds for hardware.
    Last edited by D_A; 11-22-2014 at 12:54 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123