Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenge: Scores Updated Hourly

HWiNFO Author
    I have temporary stopped vLHC tasks, that will add 10 more threads to WCG.
    And one machine switched from E@H to MW@H which frees another 2 threads for WCG.
    Last edited by Mumak; 11-20-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Challenge Update as of 20 1720Z Nov 2014

Good news: The XS Team has yet increased its daily WCG production and is now gaining more quickly on the presently #1 rank Team - SETI Germany 100 hours or 4.2 days will now be required at present overtake rate to grab the #1 finishing spot for this 10th WCG Anniversary Challenge. 5.25 days of competition remain giving us a small safety margin.

Bad News: None at present but expecting SETI - Germany to go down fighting & counter our boosted WCG daily production over the coming weekend

Let us stay XTREME and keep the hydrazine boosters going on all of our crunchers. Any added resources you bring onboard from now on will boost our overtake ands solidify our chances to win this contest.

GO EXTREME GO....

Mumak - Thanks for the added 12 cores... It will make a difference

Reported core/threads added so far: 24

HWiNFO Author
    SETI Germany had just another huge boost in score - check the hourly stats..

Added 1 more core

Xtreme Member
    168 hours now.

We really need more cores to win this.

Xtreme Legend
    Been watching CEP and giving as much as possible but We will not win that with what we have.

Thinking of a move all to FAHV in an attempt to consolidate our position there..... That is, unless anyone thinks we want to defend our CEP 3rd position

Speak up folks ....will switch at midnight UTC otherwise

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumak View Post
    SETI Germany had just another huge boost in score - check the hourly stats..

Added 1 more core
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    168 hours now.

We really need more cores to win this.
    One or two hourly trend reports may not be the best gauge to base our strategy upon. We all know that the WCG WU validating rate varies greatly from day to day let alone hour to hour. Let us wait for the posting of the end of day actual Team point production to see where an how much the overtake is. I thought that we had a 44K point overtake on SETI - Germany yesterday but I see that it is now a 14K point deficit.

If any XS members, have any cores/threads dedicated to any projects (GPU or CPU) other WCG, now would be a perfect time to switch them temporally to WCG to boost our daily production.... Every core/thread counts and is significant..

Charge...!!!

Xtreme Member
    I would go for FAHV and max points. That way we should be able to fight for first overall. And the way it looks now we should win on the FAAH and MCM1 projects.

Linux those diseases
    Hard to believe that 3 years ago we'd be doing double our current output Oh Well, have shut down E&H, which will add 37 threads.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Dragged in another 2 cores.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    I would go for FAHV and max points. That way we should be able to fight for first overall. And the way it looks now we should win on the FAAH and MCM1 projects.
    Rob_B : suggest that you use your crunching rigs on the current WCG project(s) where their OS makes them most efficient... If you can keep a few CEP going that would be desirable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneageman View Post
    Hard to believe that 3 years ago we'd be doing double our current output Oh Well, have shut down E&H, which will add 37 threads.
    Sam, Thanks for bringing them extra 37 threads over. I will rejoin you on Einstein@home project as soon as this 10th Anniversay WCG challenge is over to help us reclaim the top daily production ranking for our XS Team on that project. Can't wait to see what the 2 new AMD R290 cards will do on Einstein.

Threads now added to our XS crunching ORBAT = 62
    Last edited by jeanguy2; 11-20-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    XS dragged back almost 450,000 points on SETI-Germany today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    XS dragged back almost 450,000 points on SETI-Germany today.
    That is indeed a very encouraging trend DA. Kudos to all Xremers and supporters for turning past daily deficits into a sizable day gain . We are now roughly trailing SETI - Germany by 3.3 millions points. We therefore need a minimum daily gain of 700K+ points, over the remaing 5 days of the competition, to overtake SETI-Germany and secure a first place finish for our XS Team. The Extra threads brought onboard today will certainly help quite a bit. This is definitely going to be a fight to the finish line.

Keep on crunching Xtremers, time to kick all XS crunchers into Warp speed...
    Last edited by jeanguy2; 11-21-2014 at 12:22 AM.

HWiNFO Author
    Current difference is: 2.7M points

Xtreme Legend
    I'm hoping this is pv's going valid. It would be nice to think that we have done the work already.

I must try to negotiate more cores later today but I am not holding my breath.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.

Xtreme Legend
    Remember how this started out as 16th to 25th Nov. ???

Remember how the first update after midnight was dismissed ??

How about this then:

Re: 10th Birthday Challenge

The final update of our challenge stats will be done on Nov 27th, 03:00 UTC.
    Just to be sure, that the last midnight export on the grid is done.

So on Nov 27th, 03.00 UTC we will compare and calculate the data of the first midnight export with the last midnight export, just to be sure, that only the points calculated in the challenge time will be for the final results!

My checks on previously challenges tests results in the same points on the grid challenge sites!
    So I am really relaxed, that our stats will have the same points im comparison to the wcg challenge site!

Differences on the daylie output points in comparison to the challenge site on the grid doesn't matter for the final results. This will happen, when people changes a team during a day. Those are not (and could not) included in the hourly update. Those will be "corrected" after the following midnight update during the challenge.

Keep in mind, that the final results on the grids challenge site will be presented in the noon update (Nov 27th, 1:00 pm UTC). Our final results will be presented at 3.00 am UTC on Nov 27th.

Hope this helps, too!
    ----------------------------------------
    WCG-Team Captain of Team SETI.Germany
    I have asked for clarification
    Last edited by OldChap; 11-21-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Linux those diseases
    Still shows 16th to 25th on their site=10 days & tallies with the points on their site.
    So they now say 17th to 27th=11days? Which would be in our favour after checking the points

Xtreme Cruncher
    im in.... with all ive got ive stopped all my vLHC and brought everything over including a few i had to swap some parts with... i think it a total of 42.. unfortunatly one of my psus decided to let some of the smoke out that was kept inside... and i dont think i can power up my other quad socket wiht the psus ive got. hope this helps out a bit...
    Its not overkill if it works.

Xtreme Legend
    Thanks skycrane ....we are chipping away at their lead and yours will certainly help

Just switched over from TechpowerUp! this morning. We are comfortably in 3rd and I want to see a close race for 1st. Bringing over 4P Opty 6176SE & PII x6 1055t. Might have the 4P Opty 6180SE rig swapped tonight as well. You guy's can do this!

Xtreme Legend
    Way to go Buck!!

You are right.... Making this run as close as possible (but us win of course) will add a certain something

HWiNFO Author
    Thanks guys ! In the last 12h we made nearly 1M points more than SETI.Germany. The gap is getting smaller - now 2.37M points.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Nasty View Post
    Just switched over from TechpowerUp! this morning. We are comfortably in 3rd and I want to see a close race for 1st. Bringing over 4P Opty 6176SE & PII x6 1055t. Might have the 4P Opty 6180SE rig swapped tonight as well. You guy's can do this!

Thanks!

Linux those diseases
    The test of any great team is when the chips are down, to have the resolve to pull through & turn the game round. We can do it. After all, it's just what the doctor ordered

Xtreme X.I.P.
    If we compare total daily stats for yesterday and -2 days for XtremeSystems & SETI - Germany we find some interesting facts regarding our deficit reduction. It appears that a fair portion of our gain is due to a significat reduction in SETI-Gemany daily production. Our daily production difference beteen these 2 days is +54K points while SETI Germany shows a definitive decline in daily production of -426K points.

The 1+ million points differencial we see today is likely a combination of the above mentioned SETI-Germany reduced daily productivity and the extra cores brought in by XS members & new supporters.

Hang in there Xtremers & supporters... Your stamina & utter dedication are turning this competition around

Xtreme Legend
    I have a feeling they shifted focus to clean energy while we moved to aids. Theirs need the wingman to complete too.......

It is possible they will claw some back on validation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast