Thread: Active members and the 10th anniversary challenge (starts today)

Xtreme Legend

Active members and the 10th anniversary challenge (starts today)

I see 159 members posted results yesterday

I was looking at Boinc totals and found:

13 members had >20,000pts

Another 20 posted > 10,000pts

Another 22 >5000pts

We often concentrate on the top producer lists but the truth of it is that the bottom 100 or so contributing members accounted for....

172,356pts

I just want to say thanks to you all. Your efforts do you proud and are a goodly part of XtremeSystems Team as a whole

I hope a few more will join us for the 10th anniversary challenge

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

i'm just waiting for the "RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"

881 tasks waiting to be uploaded

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    I noticed the same today, OC.

When I looked that the numbers in the "Today's numbers" thread I saw we didn't drop really that much as a team. I know there are plenty of members that haven't uploaded wu's before the challenge.

I'm sitting 1664 wu's at the moment. And there are about 10 hours to go before I will start uploading.

Xtreme Legend
    Something over 500 cpu days here waiting.

I suspect there are others too

About 3 hours and 17 mins now until the start but I will wait an hour longer to be safe
    Last edited by OldChap; 11-15-2014 at 12:43 PM.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Something over 500 cpu days here waiting.
    Wow. "Just" 43 days here. I need more cores.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    I'm sitting on a couple of days worth as well. Closer to a hundred results rather than one and a half thousand, but then my farm is pretty modest. More of a "flower pot" these days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I see 159 members posted results yesterday

I was looking at Boinc totals and found:

13 members had >20,000pts

Another 20 posted > 10,000pts

Another 22 >5000pts

We often concentrate on the top producer lists but the truth of it is that the bottom 100 or so contributing members accounted for....

172,356pts

I just want to say thanks to you all. Your efforts do you proud and are a goodly part of XtremeSystems Team as a whole

I hope a few more will join us for the 10th anniversary challenge
    Yes! Every work unit completed is one work unit closer to a new drug, treatment or cure.

IT ALL HELPS and Thank You for your help!

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Ok, six and a half pages returned and validated plus two more pending validation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Legend

still trying to upload here still have two rigs to do

209 pages so far but me messing around with trying to get second copies of boinc running has locked me out of the first version on these

going to get some sleep then take another look later

Xtreme Legend
    Evidentally the files for the original Boinc setup that I had running are now in the wrong place to be seen by boinc now.

Running the boinc manager from boinc/BOINC results in asking to attach to project.

running boinc manager from Menu fails to connect to client.

I am thinking of doing a fresh install or better yet attaching using the manager in boinc/BOINC then copying the old files into that.

This rig is the one that I did all my mint learning and boinc install in not necessarily the right way and after the challenge will be updated to mint 17 for a clean slate meanwhile I have around 24 hours to rescue the work done and upload it (around 4 days of 40 cores across 2 machines)

Your thoughts on this please gentlemen
    Last edited by OldChap; 11-16-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I would open the boincmanager in boinc directory and then try to attach to the secondary session (this is where you need to know what ports you used)
    You could also try launching boincmanager on the data directly, but again you need the port number and also, you need to run it from the same directory that boinc.exe is in

command line> boincmgr.exe /a /n 127.0.0.1 /g PORT_HERE /p PASSWORD_HERE /m

Not sure where or how data directories are tracked in Linux but you can find them in Windows registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MAHICHINE\SOFTWARE\Space Sciences Laboratory, U.C. Berkeley\DATADIR

Xtreme Cruncher
    grain of salt ... I have no Linux experience, it is all windows

If you know the directory the data is in then you should be able to use the "re-install" you mentioned above and during the installation point it to that directory (yes, yes, backup first:-) and it should then hookup just fine. This is pretty much what happens when you do an upgrade to boinc anyway, it just already know where you data is and we typically don't change it.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    My manager does that most of the time as well. When you get the window asking which client to connect to just click OK and it will connect to the local client service. If you've installed two clients, one from Berkley and one from the repositories, you will probably need to get one sorted and the client services stopped again before opening the other. I'd probably do the Berkley install one first, empty it's cache and stop the client, then reboot and use the repository installed manger to access it's client.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NooB MOD
    I forgot to pause my uploads for this

Life has been crazy this past month, I've done nothing but work :/
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    I forgot to pause my uploads for this

Life has been crazy this past month, I've done nothing but work :/
    Same here, And I got married last Thursday,on top of my two jobs and dog walking for a very sick friend.

If (cross your fingers) things go well in the next day or so I may have two rigs and 16 more cores available. Although come to think of it, I could get at least another laptop on in the mean time.
    Desktop rigs:
    Oysterhead- Intel i5-2320 CPU@3.0Ghz, Zalman 9500AT2, 8Gb Patriot 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM, 120Gb Kingston V200+ SSD, 1Tb Seagate HD, Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit, LG 330W PSU

Flying Frog Brigade-Intel Xeon W3520@2.66Ghz, 6Gb Hynix 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 640Gb Hitachi HD, 512Mb GDDR5 AMD HD4870, Mac OSX 10.6.8/Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon dual boot

Laptop:
    Colonel Claypool-Intel T6600 Core 2 Duo, 4Gb 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 1Gb GDDR3 Nvidia 230M,240Gb Edge SATA6 SSD, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo197 View Post
    Same here, And I got married last Thursday,on top of my two jobs and dog walking for a very sick friend.

If (cross your fingers) things go well in the next day or so I may have two rigs and 16 more cores available. Although come to think of it, I could get at least another laptop on in the mean time.
    Grats!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Congratulations Yojimbo...

Best wishes to you and the your new bride....

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Tried to bring the Nexus-5 in again. Just keeps getting too many errors for no apparent reason.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]